Home Sports Talk
Options

Denver at New England this coming weekend. Who wins?

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
With New England losing last night to Carolina, the Patriots will be energized to win this weekend to avoid losing 2 in a row and falling to 7-4.

Denver continues to find ways to win, though not in the steamroller fashion it did earlier in the season.

Predictions?

Comments

• Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter how energized they might be, their defense is ravaged by injuries. The only thing potentially keeping this close is that MAYBE Denver gets caught looking ahead to its rematch with KC (especially if KC loses its trap game vs. SD, which is very possible). Otherwise, Denver by 10+.
  • Options
    Hope it's the Broncos. Never liked Brady or Bellicheat.

No reason the Broncos should lose this one.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It doesn't matter how energized they might be, their defense is ravaged by injuries. The only thing potentially keeping this close is that MAYBE Denver gets caught looking ahead to its rematch with KC (especially if KC loses its trap game vs. SD, which is very possible). Otherwise, Denver by 10+. >>

I tend to agree since it's a short week for NE but, they haven't lost two in a row since last September and they're at home. Tough call...
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    New England. Both offenses will work fine. Patriots D will come up with 1 or 2 big plays and Brady will not let his team be put in a dire situation like last night. I understand Denver being the favorite, but I'm going on a hunch.
  • Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭
    Denver by 7. The only thing that could keep it closer is if Welker sits.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Denver.
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    I want to say Denver too, but as a longtime Colts fan, I've seen Manning take some pretty good teams in to Foxboro and get his ass kicked.

The middle of the Patriots defense has been decimated by injuries, but my gut tells me this will be a close, high scoring game. The Broncos defense isn't as strong as the Carolina defense the Patriots just faced.

Either way, here's hoping Manning reclaims his single season TD pass record before the season is up.
  • Options
    <<<The middle of the Patriots defense has been decimated by injuries>>>

It's not just the middle, their secondary is also banged up, was missing 2 starters vs. CAR, and I don't think either is expected back this Sunday. Although D. Thomas should be a better matchup for Talib than S. Smith was. But I don't know who handles Welker, Decker, or especially Thomas. If Welker sits, maybe its a close game.
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Denver by 3

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    It should be a fun game to watch. I honestly think you can make a valid argument for either team to win. If I had to make a prediction I would go with DENVER.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    1neatstuff1neatstuff Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    I think brady will pull this one out at the end ..I think a real back and forth game I will take the pats by 3image
  • Options
    I may have to rethink my prediction...supposed to be 16 degrees at game time with winds gusting to 25 mph...Brady plays better in those conditions than Manning does. Feels like a FG game to me now.
  • Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    See, I knew the Patriots would winimage
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The second half of the game and OT was just brutal to watch for a Denver fan.

Denver's 24-0 lead at halftime was misleading. 17 of its 24 points were scored off of NE turnovers.

I fully expected NE to come roaring back but I did not think that Denver's offense would turn the ball over so much and be unable to score more than one TD (to tie the game at 31 and send it into overtime). The final fumble on the NE punt that led to the winning field goal was the icing on the cake. Welker should have waived off everyone on Denver's special team much earlier than he did and by not doing so the ball bounced and hit the other Denver player.

IMO Denver's early season steamroller is over. It is still a team that can score in droves, but it does have flaws.

If Denver does not beat the Chiefs next week in KC (which it historically has a hard time doing) it will be looking at a possible wild card berth in the playoffs. If it beats the Chiefs it will have a lead over the Chiefs in over all record and will have tie breaking advantages also.

Five weeks to go in the regular season. Who knows what will happen between now and the end of week 17. Funny to see that the #6 spot in the AFC playoff picture is up for grabs by teams whoare at or below .500.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manning looked miserable on the sidelined last night in that frigid weather. It's a long way from the climate-controlled dome on Indy.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Denver found out "It ain't over til it's over."
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Brady showed why he is the number one quarterback in the league.