Home Sports Talk

Stretch it out Drew

Comments

• stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Thought it was a clean hit but in today's NFL, you can't even come remotely close to a QB's head.

*BIAS DISCLAIMER* I've had Brees on my FF roster since 2006
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭
    Is that the actual hit? Legal or not, I have no clue, but my gosh that has to hurt the next day!
  • DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an impossibility of that being a head hit, since the shoulders move in an opposite direction to his head.

Speeded up and given the fact that Brees if 5 foot nothing, I can see why the refs would get it wrong.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    Clean hit all the way, IMO and that's coming from a Seattle guy. SF got jobbed on that call. But, their offense didn't do them any favors either.
  • TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Clean hit all the way, IMO and that's coming from a Seattle guy. SF got jobbed on that call. But, their offense didn't do them any favors either. >>

I absolutely agree. That was a clean hit all day long.
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Comes pretty close to what used to be referred to as a "clothesline" tackler's biceps come VERY close to Brees' neck.

Borderline or penalty in today's game, good clean hit a few years ago.
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    Shrimpy should be thankful. for one beautifully brief moment his height increased by about 4 inches.