Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Grade Opinion on this t206

Just picked this up any opinions on grade ?

Comments

• Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    I'll go with 5.5.
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    I'll say '4'.
  • Options
    MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭
    Was thinking 5.
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    sorry for saying.
    Is the top a little short?
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    If you ask about a T206, you must explain what in the heck the T206 naming convention comes from. No one here can. I guarantee. Seen many attempts to explain - nobody was serious. Someone, anyone - explain the naming convention please. Please though, explain the T, and why 206, and why.

The card pictured above was like printed yesterday.
  • Options

<< <i>sorry for saying.
    Is the top a little short? >>

no it appears right

here is a psa 4 in comparison

• Options

<< <i>If you ask about a T206, you must explain what in the heck the T206 naming convention comes from. No one here can. I guarantee. Seen many attempts to explain - nobody was serious. Someone, anyone - explain the naming convention please. Please though, explain the T, and why 206, and why.

The card pictured above was like printed yesterday. >>

I believe that info is all in Wikipedia

I believe t stand for tobacco from 20th centurty and N stand for tobacco from Nineteenth century and 206 catalog number in Burdicks book

the rest comes from wiki

The name T206 refers to the catalog designation assigned by Jefferson Burdick in his book The American Card Catalog. It is also known informally as the "White Border" set due to the distinctive white borders surrounding the lithographs on each card.

The T206 set consists of 523 cards. Over 100 of the cards picture minor league players. There are also multiple cards for the same player in different poses, different uniforms, or even with different teams after being traded (since the set was issued over a period of three years). The cards measure 1 7⁄16 by 2 5⁄8 inches (3.7 × 6.7 cm) which is considered by many collectors to be the standard tobacco card size.
  • Options
    When I first saw your pic I was thinking solid 6.

T-206 is not graded like more modern cards -- that's a fact. Condition is really
    in a different league by itself.

If you're on Net54 post it over there and you'll see a totally different response from what you
    got here.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the PSA 10 collector he didn't exist.

DaveB in St.Louis
  • Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I might guess a 6(PD) due to the focus issue.

• Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    I said 4 because of the back being extremely off centered. Do they not detract for the back?
  • Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems like when I sub cards from that era they often get 1 full grade higher than you'd expect, since cards from the turn of the century are graded with a little more leniency than others.
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

i must be feeling generous today. 6.5
  • Options
    fkwfkw Posts: 1,766 ✭✭

<< <i>If you ask about a T206, you must explain what in the heck the T206 naming convention comes from. No one here can. I guarantee. Seen many attempts to explain - nobody was serious. Someone, anyone - explain the naming convention please. Please though, explain the T, and why 206, and why.

buy an AMERICAN CARD CATALOG
    it will tell you all you need to know so you can catch up in the hobby image....
    (less than 10% of all the cards/matchbooks/postcards/tradecards/premiums etc. in this book are sports/baseball related)

The_American_Card_Catalog

PS. id say 4.5 on the White
  • Options

Research Jefferson Burdick. He's the one that created the system.
  • Options

<< <i>I think I might guess a 6(PD) due to the focus issue. >>

It just looks to me like the guy taking the picture didn't focus it well.

I'd like to see a good pic of this card.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the PSA 10 collector he didn't exist.

DaveB in St.Louis
  • Options
    Card finally came in from the UK today

• Options
    msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭
    5 on a bad day, 6 on a better day.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    I'd have to say it would wind up in a "5" slab.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    75% 5
    25% 6

good luck on the sub
  • Options
    thanks I would love either grade haha