Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Does this have a chance for an 8? Listed last night!

Comments

• Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    No. I think bottom left corner and bottom edge keep it at a 7, possibly 7.5
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree a very nice 7
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Original owner. Reducing collection.
    I would consider this card to be in Excellent-Mint condition. Wax stain on front. You decide. good luck.

This is the sellers description.

Can a card grade a PSA 8 with a wax stain on the front?
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭

<< <i>Can a card grade a PSA 8 with a wax stain on the front? >>

not in my experience. the grade would include a qualifier or be lowered by 2.

a small amount of wax on the front surface can be removed with a cloth or women's hosiery as discussed here before.

as for the seller, descriptions are accurate. got a '61 Mantle All-Star from him, real nice.
  • Options
    I think it will eventually end up in 7.5+ holder, just looking for opinions. Wish I would have bid more, but it went for way more than I thought.

I had seen the '61 Mantle, very sharp. Good luck grading.
  • Options
    PSA 8

This card seems to sell well in all grades. What is the story behind the card?
  • Options
    I guess the set registry's driving the price. Only a pop 41 in 8.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    #598 is the last card in the set. all the head shot rookies from that set sell for good money in higher grade and the whole set in general is quite popular. prices always seem inflated for tougher 62s.
  • Options

<< <i>#598 is the last card in the set. all the head shot rookies from that set sell for good money in higher grade and the whole set in general is quite popular. prices always seem inflated for tougher 62s. >>

Thanks. I looked up the pop report before my last post and saw it appeared to be a tough card and even more so then the others in head shot rookies. There are only 2 PSA 9's so I have to think those bring serious cash.

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>There are only 2 PSA 9's so I have to think those bring serious cash. >>

Last one sold in April for over FOUR GRAND.

To answer the OPs question: I don't think it has any chance for an "8".
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Got the old Sundiego bump too.

1962 #598 PSA 8
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good eye.

I thought it looked short when it was raw (t/b) - doesn't look too bad in that holder.

SunDiego with a nice flip for sure...
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Not the same card.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    As Maurice stated, that DEFINITELY is NOT the same card.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>As Maurice stated, that DEFINITELY is NOT the same card. >>

+1

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    As Maurice and Dboneesq stated, and grote15 +1'd, that is CERTAINLY NOT the same card. My wife and dog also agree.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it's a slam dunk that the wax will come off the front. I've seen 62's that for some reason have the wax embedded in the paper. Maybe because the gloss wasn't so think on many of the 62s. Hopefully for the winning bidder's sake, that won't be an issue with this example.