Home Sports Talk

1985fan.......Please read FORUM RULES #2 and #3

Dear Forum Members,

Per your very rational request.....here are the forum rules as of today:

Rule 1) This is not a public forum. This is a PSA forum paid for by PSA and provided for PSA customers to exchange information regarding trading cards and/or memorabilia. We make the rules; this is not a democracy.

Rule 2) Anyone posting crude or vulgar pictures or language will no longer be allowed to post. No more warnings.

Rule 3) Anyone attacking another poster or making disparaging personal remarks will no longer be allowed to post. No more warnings.

Rule 4) Anyone making libelous remarks concerning any individual, any company, or any other entity will no longer be allowed to post. No more warnings.

Rule 5) If you have nothing to contribute to a thread or the forum as a whole, then do not post. Snide remarks and other negative comments will result in your losing your ability to post. No more warnings.

Rule 6) This forum is about collecting trading cards and/or memorabilia. If your post is not directly related to trading cards and/or memorabilia, then this is the wrong forum. Do not post it or your posting privileges may be removed.

Rule 7) This is a PSA forum. Posts promoting or bashing other grading companies or services are not allowed. Those posts will be removed and your posting privileges may be removed as well.

Rule 8) This forum is provided for the education and sharing of information, not as a personal soapbox. If you want to learn and share information about trading cards and/or memorabilia, you are welcome here.

Rule 9) Your signature may contain multiple images and/or links, but it must be limited to a single line. If you would like additional advertising space on this site, please contact our Advertising Department. Violators will have their posting privileges removed.

Rule 10) If you don't like any of the rules outlined above, see Rule 1.

Sincerely,
Forum Admin
webmaster@collectors.com

(The lines of communication have always been open, and they will continue to be open.)

Comments

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Number 5 would seem to apply to MOST of his posts as well.
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we are all guilty of breaking a few of those rules from time to time, I know I am.
  • wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think we are all guilty of breaking a few of those rules from time to time, I know I am. >>

I agree with Perk here and I feel this title of this thread meant for that poster is in poor taste and should be a violation of a rule as well.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • All, well a lot of people, not all, are indeed guilty at times of posting things they shouldn't. I had to take a little mandated vacation for a couple weeks for postin' about a topic I should'nt have here (although the same topic is livin' large here again on a separate thread). And I gotta admit I've been sucked in to 85fans stuff and gone off a couple times - mistake - should have just blown it off.

Fully agree with the OP though on this one. 85fan goes off the tracks with what he says here and based on the 'rules' should have been kicked out a long while back. He'll throw nice things in now and then to sound good, but the man is all about making others look bad.

I just need to not let the annoyance get to me or I'll get in trouble here, which though, is what he wants to cause for many. image
  • bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

<< <i>this title of this thread meant for that poster is in poor taste and should be a violation of a rule as well. >>

+1

If this is really for one person, send pm. If it's for everyone why don't have his name to the title. Seems like you just want to shout out your negative feelings about his posts to everyone else.

+1 for perkdog's comment as well. The sports forum is filled with posts ignoring the rules. For example, starting this thread.....
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Ha ! good point BigD, without knowing it image . How can anyone actually talk sports, without actually breaking one of the forum rules ? image In some way, opinion, perception etc, anything, that is stated by anyone, in a sports discussion, actually does break a rule, in some way based on some recipients view. Oh man, Everyone shut up. No talking. shoosh all.
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think we are all guilty of breaking a few of those rules from time to time, I know I am. >>

there's a big difference between getting a little carried away once in a while and doing it nearly ALL THE TIME!
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭
    Edmundfitzgerald-
    You seem to violate #3. It's like you have a personal vendetta against 1985fan. Starting threads to call the guy out? Seems a bit over the top to me.
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I created a similar thread a week or two ago, and in hindsight it was a mistake. My apologies to 1985fan -- I assure you it will never happen again. Although I take umbrage at many of his remarks and the vast majority of his opinions, there's no denying his passion for sports. The latter part I greatly admire, and it's for that reason I hope he sticks and stays. (I even mentioned this in my version.)
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    This is what is known as the pot calling the kettle black.

Good for you.