Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Coolest change find in awhile

WeissWeiss Posts: 9,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
Saw the clerk handing me a particularly dark cent. Was hoping it was foreign or maybe a wheatie...

image
We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
--Severian the Lame

Comments

  • Options
    CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭
    Oh nice and Indian Head Cent.....what year is it?








  • This content has been removed.
  • Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go buy a lottery ticket...its your lucky day! Congratulations!!
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was pleasantly surprised. Broke the century mark.

    G-4 or so?

    image

    image
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way cool man!

    Erik
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 14,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got one a few years ago and can attest to the fact that it is one of the Most Memorable personal numismatic events ever! Great find and a Major plus it's pre 1900! Of course a recent "kid" or accidental spending, too nice to have been banged up much. Your REAL find is the 1966 Washington Quarter DDo1 Baxter 16a I understand only Three are known today, rivaling the 1958 Lincoln cent DDo. ! image
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 6,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if that 9 was a 7.image
  • Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 10,126 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What store?
  • Options
    TheRegulatorTheRegulator Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭
    You're pretty much a cool-change-find magnet.

    Congrats! image
    The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. -Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    JedPlanchetJedPlanchet Posts: 910 ✭✭✭
    Fantastic find! I've never seen anything earlier than a buffalo nickel in change ...
    Whatever you are, be a good one. ---- Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beats the war nickel I got at the Sands casino last week. Very nice find!
    image
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have found about a dozen of them in roll searches - have never gotten one in change though.
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found at a grocery store. I have found one other indian in change, an 1898, back in 2002. I said to my wife as we pulled away : Man, I should have asked for all the change he had. But that's just being greedy, right? image

    Yeah, I've been pretty fortunate this year with change finds. My best year for obsolete coinage without a doubt. I don't roll search, but I do go over the quarters from my six coin-op washers & dryers, and I check all of my pocket change AND the coinmax (coinstar) reject slot religiously, no matter how much of a dork I look like. I think that's the key: Paying with cash 95% of the time, rarely if ever using change to keep from breaking a bill, and checking everything, every time. It's not work; I'm a coin collector image

    Some highlights from 2013:


    image


    image

    image


    image


    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭✭
    That is amazing!
    image
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 34,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow, you really got a cool score there. congrats
  • Options
    nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love this stuff!!!
    Congratulations!

    Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file