Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

Looking for help finding several recent Canadian circulating coins

Anyone else out there who can help me track down a few remaining recent-issue circulating Canadian coins for our collections?

If anyone has access to recent-issue Canadian quarters thru Twoonies from circulation or rolls, etc., my sons & I would appreciate your help in finding any of the following coins from the last 6 or so years which we still need to fill the remaining recent holes in our Whitman folders and get us back to as up-to-date as possible.

We're still looking for the following recent dates/varieties/quantities:

“TWOONIE”$2:
1998w = 2
1999 Polar Bear = 1
2000w Polar Bear = 2
2000 Polar Bear = 2
2003w Polar Bear = 3
1996-2006 dbl-date Polar Bear = 3
2011 RCM = 2
2012 "old style" (non-security) RCM = 2

“LOONIE” $1:
2007 “trumpeter swans” = 3
2009 “Canadians” = 2
2010 RCM = 2
2012 "pre-security" RCM = 3

$ .50:
1998 = 1
2000w = 1
2003p 'young queen' effigy = 1
2003p 'mature queen' effigy = 1
2008 RCM = 1
2009 RCM = 1
2013 RCM = 3

$ .25:
2012 "Tecumseh" = 1 non-colorized

$ .01:
2006 P (steel/metallic) = 1
2010 RCM: steel (magnetic)=4 (<== any of these actually minted/circulated?)

Please PM me if you can help, and hopefully we can come up with a sale or trade. Thanks!

- - Dave

Comments

• Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭✭
    ttt

anyone?
  • Options
    ttt again
  • Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, looks like nobody is into Granny bait.
    this is what serious Canadian collectors call this RCM stuff.
    your best bid would most likely be Feebay or a Canadian dealer. You might also post on another forum perhaps.
    good luck
    Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    I agree that the RCM makes too many variations even for just circulating coins. They should stick to NCLT's for all the series, colorized, hologram, etc!

That said, almost half of my above "needs" list are just some of the lower mintages, not necessarily the "Granny Bait". Just stuff that's somehow eluded me, which I hope I can still find before too many more years pass.

I started collecting most of the series listed quite a while ago, and, when I pass them on, I'd like for them to be as complete as possible. I've been fortunate enough to find a few trading partners to swap new US-for-Canada issues to pretty much stay current otherwise, although, to me, the U.S.'s Pres/N.A. Dollars JFK halves, and ATB quarters have all pretty much become our version of "Granny Bait" as well...... no easy way for the average collector to get a hold of them without going thru the Mint and its high mark-ups...... I'd rather they just end those series!

But, until they do, I can only do the best I can to try & keep up....... image