Home Sports Talk
Options

RIP - TODD CHRISTENSEN

Former Pro Bowl tight end and two-time Super Bowl winner Todd Christensen died, according to BYU athletics. He was 57.

Christensen died from complications from surgery, according to Brigham Young University. He had been dealing with liver issues, according to the Daily Herald in Provo, Utah.
STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

Comments

• Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    He was a great offensive TE. He and others like him such as Kellen Winslow, Doug Cosbie, Ozzie Newsome, etc, helped usher in a new era of TEs as big parts of the gameplan. I always liked his TV work, too.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terrific TE--I remember him well. Way too young..A great player and a fine broadcaster, too.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    Quite possibly the best white man jheri curl in history. Great TE as well.

RIP
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>He was a great offensive TE. He and others like him such as Kellen Winslow, Doug Cosbie, Ozzie Newsome, etc, helped usher in a new era of TEs as big parts of the gameplan. I always liked his TV work, too. >>

Indeed, though I wasn't a huge fan of his color commentating during Oiler games. Probably because we didn't use a TE those years and understandably, he never hesitated to point that out as a flaw.

RIP
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Wow...RIP. Great player and broadcaster.