Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Should I sell a POP 1 Dale Murphy PSA 10 1987 Classic Green for $100?

I got a quick offer for $100 on ebay not long after i listed it, does anyone think it's worth more? The potential buyer said $100 is all he can afford. Anyone familiar with Dale Murphy Registry rarities? Thanks for your help

Comments

• Options
    why not wait it out a few days, if he is serious he will wait.

there is so much classic green out there that I would sell any card from that set. I have seen literally hundreds of unopened games, there must be thousands and thousands out there being hoarded or in private collections. I dont trust anything from that error as holding value personally. there are to many produced during that period where people already knew to preserve stuff in mint condition.
  • Options
    kingbeeswaxkingbeeswax Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    You have a point but this is the first game they produced and was made in far less quantities than the later years. I have been buying everything that i could of it the past few years and the price for the games has gone up like crazy. It is a hard card to get a 10 in and just didn't know if Murphy collectors are hardcore and it may be worth more. Thanks for your input, I will probably take the offer for 100 but i'll wait it out a little.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    I say sell. It's Dale Murphy and its from a modern set that will eventually have more 10s pop anyway. You dont make the sale now, you may never get a change to get a Ben Franklin out of it again.
  • Options
    If the card is part of either the basic or master registry sets, no way I would take $100. Murphy collectors are pretty aggressive especially on low pop cards. I would send it to a regular auction and start it at $100.
  • Options
    Sold! Thanks guys!! Now I have to sell some PSA 9's of it image
  • Options
    Beck6Beck6 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭

I am not sure if that is a good or bad price, but I have opened alot of those sets recently and those psa 10's are really tough. I don't care how many boxes are out there. They are wrapped tightly and those borders are super tough to find without chips. Centering is tough too.

That being said... A Nolan Ryan PSA 10 just sold for $33, so the price will drop pretty quick if the next one comes out most likely.
    Registry Sets:
    T222's PSA 1 or better
  • Options
    The Nolan Ryan did drop. I think about 8-12 PSA 10's were graded in one shot. Someone had a stash of them. I still can't get a Ryan in a 10. Just got back about three 9's and an 8
  • Options
    I have a Nolan Ryan PSA 10 1987 Classic Green if interested. Is that your Sandberg 1987 Classic PSA 10?
  • Options
    I want to grade the Ryan myself so I have a few more to try out. That's my Sandberg on ebay now
  • Options
    firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    get me a psa 10 rose and i'll buy it.
    # 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • Options
    I am the one who bought it for my son - and you got a better price than anyone else would have paid - I would not have paid more - and you can be proud that it now resides in the finest Dale Murphy collection ever assembled - here is the link - http://www.psacard.com/PSASETREGISTRY/alltimeset.aspx?s=74489
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a great sale-happy buyer and happy seller, leave it at that. Congrats to both parties!
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    richtreerichtree Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am the one who bought it for my son - and you got a better price than anyone else would have paid - I would not have paid more - and you can be proud that it now resides in the finest Dale Murphy collection ever assembled - here is the link - http://www.psacard.com/PSASETREGISTRY/alltimeset.aspx?s=74489 >>

I have a 1984 topps #391 autographed, in was in person back in 1992 or so. If you have interest PM me, Ill sell for 12$ shipped.

thanks
    Buying:
    Topps White Out (silver) letters Alex Gordon
    80 Topps Greg Pryor “No Name"
    90 ProSet Dexter Manley error
    90 Topps Jeff King Yellow back
    1958 Topps Pancho Herrera (no“a”)
    81 Topps Art Howe (black smear above hat)
    91 D A. Hawkins BC-12 “Pitcher”
  • Options
    You have a point but this is the first game they produced and was made in far less quantities than the later years

1990-1991 (10 million produced)

vs

1987 (2 million produced)

Yes, I can see your point. image
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

<< <i>get me a psa 10 rose and i'll buy it. >>

Ask and you shall receive: 87 Classic Rose

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options

<< <i>You have a point but this is the first game they produced and was made in far less quantities than the later years

1990-1991 (10 million produced)

vs

1987 (2 million produced)

Yes, I can see your point. image >>

I think I read somewhere the 1st series Green set has 75,000 produced. Does anyone know for sure? Thanks for the purchase Mike.