Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Lucretia Garfield Mintage

Who knows when the mint will announce the audited mintage of L. Garfield? Sometime around thanksgiving?

updated 2/24/14, audited mintage, modern lowest mintage

2011 Lucy Hayes Proof 3,885 3,868 -17
2011 Lucy Hayes Unc 2,263 2,196 -67
2011 Lucretia Garfield Proof 3,655 3,653 -2
2011 Lucretia Garfield Unc 2,498 2,168 -330
To the free man, the country is the collection of individuals who compose it, not something over and above them. -M. Friedman

Comments

• Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm waiting, too. I want to sell either Lucy or Lucretia and keep the current key..
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice choice to be able to make image
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

<< <i>Nice choice to be able to make image >>

I'm hoping Lucretia is the key... the "Sending the children out to clean up after the dogs" reverse of the Lucy coin doesn't do it for me.

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Nice choice to be able to make image >>

I'm hoping Lucretia is the key... the "Sending the children out to clean up after the dogs" reverse of the Lucy coin doesn't do it for me. >>

LOL!
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    Bump, now that tomorrow is December. Any news on the final mintages for Lucy and Lucretia?
  • Options
    any update, my educated guess is that it is a hair above that of Lucy (although I have read coinweek's article on the magic 21## number).
    To the free man, the country is the collection of individuals who compose it, not something over and above them. -M. Friedman
  • Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,954 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The question is who or whom has this information and when will it be released? Does Eric know?
  • Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    The person with the info on the final mintages works in the PR office, I have talked to her in the past. I will call next week and see if i can get some numbers for us unless someone beats me to it.
  • Options
    US MINT audited mintage, double keys so far. lowest mintage in modern era.

2011 Lucretia Garfield Unc 2,498 2,168 -330
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>US MINT audited mintage, double keys so far. lowest mintage in modern era.

2011 Lucretia Garfield Unc 2,498 2,168 -330 >>

I'm showing the 2012 W Caroline Harrison as the lowest mintage proof at 3,046.
  • Options
    felinfoelfelinfoel Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭
    "The newly available final audited mintages show the Lucretia Garfield uncirculated coin as the new series low at 2,168 pieces. This is very closely followed by the Lucy Hayes uncirculated coin at 2,196 pieces."

Link

Thanks the the heads-up from this forum, I managed to snag a Garfield from the mint as the ordering window closed.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We were the very first to make this call back in October, 2012.

We will have our follow up article out in about two weeks.

Text

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file