Home Sports Talk
Options

Anybody ever been to a Michigan football home game ?

I was watching that home game against Nebraska today (couldn't believe the fans were booing the home team after 19 straight home wins).
Anyway, I was wondering what's the traffic like after those home games ? That's over 100,000 people all trying to get home at the same time.

Comments

• Options
    Michigan sucks
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's 9:56 and Michigan still sucks.

Also, I go to every PSU game, and the traffic is crazy. Usually takes about 2 hours to get out of the parking lot after games. We usually just tailgate longer til the traffic calms down.
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    Remembering the 38th anniversary of the Edmund Fitzgerald today. I hear you can find reasonably priced real estate in Detroit.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I went to the 2009 Ohio State@Meatchicken game and I gotta say traffic really wasn't bad getting out of there considering how many people are leaving at the same time. We actually tailgated after the game for about an hour though. Still, they open up all lanes going toward the highway, so it's not that bad.

• Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Went to about 8 games at the Big House from 1972 to the mid nineties. If the weather was decent, there was not better place in the world to be.

Traffic was no big deal, got in pretty quick and out as well.

Been to the Indy 500 twice in the early 80's. That place holds 350,000 folks and takes a while to negotiate.
  • Options
    They pack'em in like sardines there. People's knees in your back, your knees in the person in front of you's back. God forbid people in your row are hefty, you will be squished.

Never again.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, but I did see Michigan play UCLA at the Rose Bowl in the 1986-1987 time frame. This was a regular UCLA home game-Big crowd and very exciting. The Michigan comeback was amazing

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options

<< <i>They pack'em in like sardines there. People's knees in your back, your knees in the person in front of you's back. God forbid people in your row are hefty, you will be squished.

Never again. >>

Do not recall a problem at the time. They have added seats though several times over the years.
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    I've been to see the Irish play there and it was the year that Desmond Howard made the big catch to beat them. While meandering back to the car for the journey home in my Irish gear, had bottles thrown at me by more than one "fan".
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    Was there for band day in 1972. Never made it on the field as each high school was restricted to two percussionists and I sucked, so I sat in the stands with my new 300MM lens and Minolta SLR and took some pictures. It wasn't quiet that day.