Exciting Vikings-Redskins game tonight

14-10 Minnesota in the 2nd quarter.
Great back and forth.

I think the Redskins will pull it out.

Minnesota's QB looks shaky.

Comments

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minnesota's problem is their defense. Ponder is 16 of 19, even with most of those being short passes, that's pretty good.

If we have a lead of less than 7 points with less than 3 minutes remaining and Washington gets the ball..................it's over, Vikes lose.

Done that 4 times already this year.
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    Well, here we go Washington will get the ball losing by 7 with a little more than 3 minutes to go.
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    Remember, I said less than 7 points hahaha.

Not sure I want any more Vikings wins, we need a franchise player or two if we are going to improve.
  • Options
    That was a very exciting game, but I agree, the Vikings need some high draft picks.
  • Options
    Frankly, I was surprised it didn't go into OT, or lose with a TD and 2 pt conversion. Wash was about 5 yards away from tying it up. I sure thought RG3 would run it in.

Edited to add; Oh yes VERY exciting game.
  • Options
    A little off topic, but how do you feel about watching the Vikings in the dome ?

I still love watching Green Bay play outdoors, and for some reason it feels weird watching Minnesota play in the dome.

Love seeing the Bears play outdoors too. The Midwest and outdoor football just seems like the way it should be.
  • Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Minnesota's problem is their defense. >>

Agreed; not sure where that defense has been this year. I figured that when the Washington got the ball we'd be looking at OT.
  • Options

<< <i>A little off topic, but how do you feel about watching the Vikings in the dome ?

I still love watching Green Bay play outdoors, and for some reason it feels weird watching Minnesota play in the dome.

Love seeing the Bears play outdoors too. The Midwest and outdoor football just seems like the way it should be. >>

When I was a young rabid Vikings fan they played outdoors and Bud Grant wouldn't let them have heaters on the sidelines. The players also would come out in cold weather (been to Minnesota anyone?) wearing short sleeve jerseys. We usually psyched out teams like the Rams in the playoffs. It was kind of a legendary thing.

The dome was a horrible horrible venue for baseball, but not so bad for football.

I don't go to games anymore, but if I were to go, I am NOT going to sit outside in sub zero weather!

If watching from my warm living room, I'll pick outdoors, but don't really have a big preference.