Home Sports Talk
Options

First Perfect Passer Rating Game This Year (NFL)

Nick Foles, and what a line:

22/28, 406 yards, 7 TD, no INT. It's also the first perfect game with over 400 yards passing, and joins Manning and Title as the only 7 TD passers with no INT's, and he did this all in three quarters. What a game.

Comments

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could not have happened to any team that puts a smile on my face more when it loses than the raiders.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These Video game numbers are a direct result of the rules that overly protect QB's and WR's and the game is being ruined.
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>These Video game numbers are a direct result of the rules that overly protect QB's and WR's and the game is being ruined. >>

And....the Raiders kinda suck
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>These Video game numbers are a direct result of the rules that overly protect QB's and WR's and the game is being ruined. >>

And....the Raiders kinda suck >>

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭

How do you figure? If it was this easy, it wouldn't have been week 9 for it to have happened, and it wouldn't have happened before the rule changes. As it is, it's only happened 41 times in NFL history.

Link
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    The Raiders horrible defense had a lot to do with it also.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a difference a couple of weeks makes--Foles' last start was abysmal and he was knocked out of the game with a concussion.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>What a difference a couple of weeks makes--Foles' last start was abysmal and he was knocked out of the game with a concussion. >>

Honestly that is why I posted negatively, Im freaking so annoyed.

I had Foles in my lineup when he got hurt and I dont use him this week and ofcourse he goes off. I would have made a ton of cash had I used him the week before he got hurt and this week, godam fanduel is making me insane!
  • Options
    He must be the all-time greatest!
  • Options

<< <i>He must be the all-time greatest! >>

Who said he's the all time greatest? I made a comment about something that doesn't happen all that often, and happened for the first time this year. It was a statistical variance that Foles, of all people, would have this type of day. Much like the random pitchers in baseball who throw perfect games, QBs who do it sometimes are the most unlikeliest to do it.
  • Options
    Another perfect game today, this time by KC's Alex Smith:

17/20 for 287 yards and 5 TDs, no INTs.

• Options

<< <i>Another perfect game today, this time by KC's Alex Smith:

17/20 for 287 yards and 5 TDs, no INTs. >>

If it was a "Perfect" game he would have completed 20 passes not 17.

There ya go lets here some more of your nonsense................
  • Options
    Perfect passer rating (158.3) doesn't require 100% completion percentage. Sorry for not being clearer in my topic.
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    I was a fan of Foles when he played here at the University of Arizona. We don't place too many QB's in the NFL. Probably none until now.

Somehow Mike Stoops had him on a 2-10 team his senior year. Have to double check that but close.

Edit: 4-8 in 2011, Foles senior year. Stoops was fired at 1-5 midseason after 10 straight FBS losses.
  • Options

<< <i>Perfect passer rating (158.3) doesn't require 100% completion percentage. Sorry for not being clearer in my topic. >>

no need to be sorry, i just got annoyed reading your response to my post early in the thread about inflated numbers.
  • Options
    royalbrettroyalbrett Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I was a fan of Foles when he played here at the University of Arizona. >>

Yeah, he transferred there because he wasn't going to start at Michigan State.

That job went to Kirk Cousins.

Yeah, I uploaded that KC icon in 2001
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The perfect games of Nick Foles and Alex Smith discussed in this thread have one thingin common..............

............. The Raiders image

I really enjoy it when the Raiders lose (again because I have a sore spot that won't go away stemming from the Raider's utter dominance of Denver in the 60's and 70's when I was a kid growing up in Denver).
  • Options

<< <i>Nick Foles, and what a line:

406 yards, 7 TD, no INT. It's also the first perfect game with over 400 yards passing, and joins Manning and Title as the only 7 TD passers with no INT's, and he did this all in three quarters. What a game. >>

22/28, is perfect?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Nick Foles, and what a line:

406 yards, 7 TD, no INT. It's also the first perfect game with over 400 yards passing, and joins Manning and Title as the only 7 TD passers with no INT's, and he did this all in three quarters. What a game. >>

22/28, is perfect? >>

Yes, its a perfect passer rating game.