Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

For Kansas Jayhawks Fans...2013 Upper Deck Kansas Cards...Cool Stuff!

Link

Found this at random moments ago. My wife and I are year 2000 grads from KU and love college hoops.

I looked up the specific autos on beckett.com. Looks like some cool modern players and coaches...Larry Brown, Roy Williams, Bill Self, Mario Chalmers, Paul Pierce, etc. Also some cool #'ed dual autos, such as coach/player combos...larry brown/danny manning, etc. I figured there would be cut autos of Wilt, Phog, etc., but none...only living player autos. Also, disappointed there are no Dean Smith autos...he played for KU with Wilt in the 50s. Overall, the boxes appear to be a bit pricey...but I think I may need to take a stab at it. There are already some autos for sale on ebay. I was in class with some of these guys (1996-2000 crowd), so it is cool to see stuff from them. Has upper deck done this for a while....making cards specifically for schools...i.e. Alabama Football or Duke Basketball? Just curious if I am late to the party here...

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

Meatloaf

Comments

• Options
    Just a heads up, Upper Deck likes to SP certain autos in case you decide to go for the set.
  • Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    These are awesome! As a native Kansan (and lifetime Jayhawks fan), I will definitely be grabbing a few of these.

Jeff
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    Are there any cards of the new freshman Wiggins in this set or any other? I know Topps put out some McDonalds All American game cards years back but haven't found any for his class.

Steve
    Steve
  • Options

<< <i>Are there any cards of the new freshman Wiggins in this set or any other? I know Topps put out some McDonalds All American game cards years back but haven't found any for his class.

Steve >>

According to the Beckett.com rundown, there are no cards of current freshmen on the team. I just bought a box moments ago. I will post scans once I rip it. I expect it will be mid next week. If they are awesome, I am going to go for a case.

Meatloaf
  • Options
    dtsadtsa Posts: 235 ✭✭
    No current players in the set or autos of current players.
    I opened a box and have another on the way.the cards are below average quality. Info on back is pretty remedial and I'm not sure why they didn't include guys like the Morris twins, Aldrich or recent players that are nba players autos.
    Collation is well below average.autos sales are brisk on ebay right now but I assume they will come down as more gets opened.. Rock chalk.
  • Options
    Did anybody end up ripping any of this product? I received a couple of boxes for Christmas, and was curious.
    Jeff
  • Options
    hookemhookem Posts: 971 ✭✭
    I think my Longhorns were the first school UD did this for. I know they have also done the Sooners. I am thinking of putting together the auto subset for the Horns. I already have most of the high dollar cards (Royal, McCoy, Street, etc).
    Hook'em
  • Options
    They've done North Carolina in basketball and Notre Dame and Alabama in football.
  • Options

<< <i>They've done North Carolina in basketball and Notre Dame and Alabama in football. >>

Cool. I saw the Alabama stuff these other day. I generally love the KU set; however, I am disappointed that UD left out or could not get a contract for these star KU players for the set, especially autos from: Jacque Vaughn, Brandon Rush, Russell Robinson, Cole Aldrich, Darrell Arthur, Sasha Kaun, Ben McLemore, Jeff Withey, and Thomas Robinson.

Here are some photos of autos I hit busting boxes. Some good pulls. I have sold some on ebay and kept others...

• Options
    Thanks for sharing those. The auto cards look awesome!
    Jeff
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks for sharing those. The auto cards look awesome! >>

I lived in the athletics dorm with Paul back in the day...ran XC for a bit. He was a cool character; it was cool to get his auto pulled. Vaughn was an awesome student, 4.0 if I recall in business...we were in the same macro econ class...wicked smart dude...probably why he is a NBA coach now. I wish they had his auto in these packs.