Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Done

I know where I'm not welcome, and it is here. This is my last post.

It seems that the CU users only like people with the same opinion as theirs. Sorry, I'm not a yes man.

Unlike everyone else on the boards, I have a brain and I use it.

Teddy should not be on the card, the Squirrel also should not have a card. The regular Topps baseball sets are not Super Fan sets or nature sets.

I bid you all adieu.

Comments

• Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    Hasta lasagna, don't get any on ya!
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Unlike everyone else on the boards, I have a brain and I use it. >>

Attacking a card about a story that inspiring to most, including the reds player, was the dumbest way possible to deliver a message about what constitutes an appropriate card in a set. Your harsh word choices could not have created a worse environment to persuade others or even make a simple point.

Either you were already sick of the board and trolled before your grand exit, or your statement about using your brain is false. Either way, have fun at your next destination.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    You're leaving the boards because you think people don't like you because you speak the truth? No, you made a stupid comment and you're being called on it. Get over yourself, and use that brain of yours to help you think before you type next time.
  • Options
    You are an idiot leave if you want to.

You said it, if you mean it own it. Why run away
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Dave ... too bad you decided to bail after making the comments that you did. Good luck with your eventual move to The Phillipines.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    The ecosystem of every message board...no matter what the topic, is always the same.

Just another funny flame out....and then the strange need to say "goodbye". I'M NOT A YES MAN! Okey doke dude...
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> Unlike everyone else on the boards, I have a brain and I use it.

This might the dumbest statement ever made on this message board.

• Options
    72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭
    What was his original comments?
    Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What was his original comments? >>

Go to the "This is a mondern card worth having" thread.
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    Snuffy, can you just give Dave his own card and end this?
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone loves a quitter

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    Having gone back to read the offending thread I am reminded of the movie the Alamo and the great line "you know its not what you say, it's how you say it"
    75 Minis - GET IN MY BELLY!
  • Options
    The only thing worse than a quitter...are quitters who come back.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    geez. i was only kidding. i love squirrels.
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's great what Topps did in putting him on the card. In keeping with the spirit of why some of us collect, there's a little kid in all of us. Can we all have cards? Nope. Do I begrudge someone having their own card when I don't? Nope. Good for Topps, good for the kid they put on the card. And a pretty sorry job by the OP in that particular thread of trying to explain his side. If there even is a side... image
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>geez. i was only kidding. i love squirrels. >>

• Options

<< <i>Snuffy, can you just give Dave his own card and end this? >>

• Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>

Unlike everyone else on the boards, I have a brain and I use it. >>

Obviously not.
  • Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭

<< <i>
    Unlike everyone else on the boards, I have a brain and I use it.

>>

Just because you use your brain doesn't mean you use it *well*. It's one thing to disagree about a card, but your entire tone and premise of your disagreement was off the charts insensitive and completely out of line.

• Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

image >>

This was funny. I LOL'd.
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>image >>

Shoot straight you Army puke.
  • Options
    Hey, no one ever accuse me of not having a brain and not using it. Hey, wait...
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a joke, the guy makes an obviously ignorant statement looking for drama and then wants more drama by staging this "Im not wanted so Im leaving" thread.

Bottom line the card was a nice gesture towards that kid who somehow earned his way into the heart of a major league baseball team and became a part of them, the whole story is heartwarming and a good thing, if you cant be ok with that then see ya and please let the door hit you in the a$$ on your way out.
  • Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭

<< <i>What a joke, the guy makes an obviously ignorant statement looking for drama and then wants more drama by staging this "Im not wanted so Im leaving" thread.

Bottom line the card was a nice gesture towards that kid who somehow earned his way into the heart of a major league baseball team and became a part of them, the whole story is heartwarming and a good thing, if you cant be ok with that then see ya and please let the door hit you in the a$$ on your way out. >>

+1
  • Options

<< <i>

image >>

ROFL Snuffy never disappoints
    75 Minis - GET IN MY BELLY!
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It seems that the CU users only like people with the same opinion as theirs. Sorry, I'm not a yes man.

Unlike everyone else on the boards, I have a brain and I use it. >>

Hiya Dave

I'm gonna say this with an obligatory " with all due respect."

There's a difference, "IMO," between an opinion and being opinionated. And I'm sure you know the connotative difference? For one thing, a "strongly stated" opinion can appear judgmental and I think your position on the card started to go in that direction.

To add. You gave no credit to the wonderful diversity of thinking at CU by accusing our forum of having "one" mindset. Further, your "opinionated" drive may have had you indicting an entire board where you unilaterally decided that you're the only one who has a brain? Do you think hubris may be motivating you to that opinionated assessment?

I guess, in the end, some opinions may be best kept to oneself. And, "in my opinion," this is one of them.

I don't think you need to leave our forum. How about giving this some thought and get back to us.
    Mike
  • Options
    Well said Stone!! We all have had or differences with board members on here, but I never take it personally. People have their opinions, stick by them.
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    I still think half the board piled on and twisted his comment. You all turned "I don't think non-athletes should appear in the regular Topps set" into "I hate people with Downs Syndrome".

That's my opinion, and I DISAGREE with Dave. I think it's a great story and love the card!!! But the mob managed to turn on his original opinion into something he never said.

Shawn

Edited to add: I do think "I'm done" is a little dramatic.

And +1 for the Tombstone reference.
  • Options
    Shawn, that's not what happened. You're missing the tone of his statement. It included "this is a disgrace" and "where's my card??" - It's been said by several people that the presentation was a huge factor. "I don't think non-athletes should appear in the regular Topps set" is pretty far from what people are mad at.
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    +1 for a Stone sighting

+1 for his use of lots of $3 words image

Hi, Mike!

Hi, Shawn!

• Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>+1 for a Stone sighting

+1 for his use of lots of $3 words image

Hi, Mike!

Hi, Shawn! >>

Hi Geordie. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options

<< <i> "this is a disgrace" and "where's my card??" >>

Agree Darren with the "tone."

Also, I wanted to address his position and rationale for leaving.

The joy on Teddy's face in the pic that was posted is priceless.

Hi Geordie!
    Mike
  • Options
    Hi Mike!
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>Shawn, that's not what happened. You're missing the tone of his statement. It included "this is a disgrace" and "where's my card??" - It's been said by several people that the presentation was a huge factor. "I don't think non-athletes should appear in the regular Topps set" is pretty far from what people are mad at. >>

Well, perhaps you're right. The problem with missing the "tone" is this is a message board, and written or typed words don't always come off as intended. I went back and looked and here is what the first line was in the post:

"I think Topps needs to stick to people in the game (Players, Managers, Coaches). I do not care if he is a fan, so am I. Where is my card? Dave"

Now say what you want, but the above line LITERALLY had a father of child with Down's Syndrome telling Dave he was basically a piece of $hit. And the reason...in my opinion....is how a few people took his original statement and twisted it.

I'm not twisting his line, I simply quoted it.

And again, this is coming from someone who doesn't agree with Dave.

I've been wrong before though.
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    I'm sure many have seen this before but this post brought it to mind:

Triathlon and Down's Syndrome

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hi Mike! >>

Hi Mike. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm not twisting his line, I simply quoted it. >>

and you chose to stop quote right before this lovliness:

"I do know I'm in the minority, but this is a disgrace. Unless he has the talent to make it to the show, he needs to stay off the card board."

It's over the top. It's meant to get a rise and it worked.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm not twisting his line, I simply quoted it. >>

and you chose to stop quote right before this lovliness:

"I do know I'm in the minority, but this is a disgrace. Unless he has the talent to make it to the show, he needs to stay off the card board."

It's over the top. It's meant to get a rise and it worked. >>

Fair enough.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Hi Mike! >>

Hi Mike. image >>

Hi Mikes
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Hi Mike! >>

Hi Mike. image >>

Hi Mikes >>

Geez - right back at ya Mike!

Hope everyone has been well?
    Mike
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Hi Mike! >>

Hi Mike. image >>

Hi Mikes >>

That's Hi Mike cubed, lol.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Hi Mike! >>

Hi Mike. image >>

Hi Mikes >>

That's Hi Mike cubed, lol. >>

Hey there Tim!
    Mike
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    I am surprised Yankees001 didn't post that same stuff in the George Bush card thread?

Hi
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options

<< <i>I am surprised Yankees001 didn't post that same stuff in the George Bush card thread? >>

I'm not.
  • Options

<< <i>I am surprised Yankees001 didn't post that same stuff in the George Bush card thread?

Hi >>

Hi John.
    Mike
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Hi Mike! >>

Hi Mike. image >>

Hi Mikes >>

Howdy Mikes, I like y'alls name

Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Hi Mike! >>

Hi Mike. image >>

Hi Mikes >>

That's Hi Mike cubed, lol. >>

Hey there Tim! >>

Hi Stone! Good to see you posting! This turned out to be both a farewell and a reunion thread, lol..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.