Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Best website for Condition census info on Bust halves?

Anyone have a favorite website with info on condition census of Bust halves by variety? Maybe it doesn't exist but maybe someone can point us Bust novices in the right direction! PCGS/NGC variety census info seems very spotty at best. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The JRCS conducts the condition census, but I believe the results are published in their journal.
    http://jrcs.org/JRJ/index/subjecti.html#h6a
  • Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest Steve Herrman's "Auction and Mail Bid Prices Realized", softcover issued twice annually.

Huge amount of valuable info of the type mentioned by the OP.

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• Options
    BustHalfBrianBustHalfBrian Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I would suggest Steve Herrman's "Auction and Mail Bid Prices Realized", softcover issued twice annually.

Huge amount of valuable info of the type mentioned by the OP. >>

I agree, the AMBPR gives you a good idea of the frequency of certain grades/varieties selling at auction and what they realized. It is invaluable for valuing Overton varieties that rarely appear on the online market.
    Lurking and learning since 2010. Full-time professional numismatist.
  • Options
    MrHalfDimeMrHalfDime Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭✭
    OR .................... you could simply join the John Reich Collectors Society (JRCS), by filling out the membership application and mailing it with a check for a mere $25.00 to me at the following address:

Stephen A. Crain - Secretary
    John Reich Collectors Society
    P.O. Box 1680
    Windham, ME 04062

You will then receive your very own hard copy of the Bust half census the next time it is compiled. You may also purchase the issue of the John Reich Journal containing the last census survey of Bust halves from the same website.
    They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dave Rutherford's site is worth the modest memberships fee ($15?) if you'd like to know about auction results, rarity, etc.

AMBPR by Steve Herrman is priceless. It's hardcopy but you can buy it from him or Sheridan Downey.

If you want the best census info join the Bust Half Nut Club. image

I recently joined the John Reich Collector Society and look forward to their publications.
    Lance.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file