Home Sports Talk
Options

Pro hoops in the SF Bay Area this new season is going to be fun.

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just finished watching the Warriors put a 125 to 94 beat down on the Kobeless Lakers tonight. The team is very deep, can score from anywhere and are playing smothering defense. Oracle Arena will be rocking this year.

Comments

• Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭
    Heck yeah it will be, and tonight's blowout would have been even worse if Kobe had been playing. Kobe long ago stopped playing defense, and his ball hog, poor percentage shooting has only gotten worse. They would have lost by 40+ tonight if Kobe had been in there.

• Options
    While I have no personal knowledge of what Kobe's teammates over the years think of him, it appears that his style of play does not make the other 4 players on the floor with him play better, both individually and as a team. If he does come back this year to play again, he may or may not help the team. The Lakers are positioning themselves to rebuild the team with big name free agent signings next summer (LeBron for example) and it will be interesting to see if Kobe will be on the 2014-15 roster.

I'm the meantime the Warriors may make some noise this year and not be viewed as a dead end franchise.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Heck yeah it will be, and tonight's blowout would have been even worse if Kobe had been playing. Kobe long ago stopped playing defense, and his ball hog, poor percentage shooting has only gotten worse. They would have lost by 40+ tonight if Kobe had been in there. >>

I am not a Kobe, or Laker, fan but to say the "blowout would have been worse if Kobe had been playing" is a bit of a stretch. He is truly one of the top 10 players of all time. He still plays some defense and though he shoots too much he gives other players open chances as he draws defenders. You can be a hater if you want but come on man.
  • Options
    The Sacramento Kings look like they will be a very good team this year also. I am glad that the team was sold to a new owner that will keep the team in Sacramento.
  • Options

<< <i>The Sacramento Kings look like they will be a very good team this year also. I am glad that the team was sold to a new owner that will keep the team in Sacramento. >>

The over/under is 31.5 wins in Vegas I believe. I am hoping the positive vibes/fan excitement will push us over but the reality is low 30's. The roster just doesn't have the big guns. Lots of new faces but just not great NBA players. Maybe everybody would stole from the Warriors (coach, owner and front office) will help us perform more like the Dubs! We shall see....

I am predicting 30 wins but hoping to be wrong.

I bought tickets for 7 games this year. I haven't bought any tickets since the late 90's. Lots of fan excitement up here.
  • Options
    Dubs and Kings this weekend. No. Cal. NBA.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Heck yeah it will be, and tonight's blowout would have been even worse if Kobe had been playing. Kobe long ago stopped playing defense, and his ball hog, poor percentage shooting has only gotten worse. They would have lost by 40+ tonight if Kobe had been in there. >>

I am not a Kobe, or Laker, fan but to say the "blowout would have been worse if Kobe had been playing" is a bit of a stretch. He is truly one of the top 10 players of all time. He still plays some defense and though he shoots too much he gives other players open chances as he draws defenders. You can be a hater if you want but come on man. >>

It's not being a hater to call a spade a spade. Kobe stopped playing defense several years ago in trying to save his energy for offense. His shooting percentage continues to slip, and he's either led the league (6 times) or been second (twice) in field goals attempted the last 8 years. He's a ball hog, and this isn't being a 'hater' its looking at his game.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I am not a Kobe, or Laker, fan but to say the "blowout would have been worse if Kobe had been playing" is a bit of a stretch. He is truly one of the top 10 players of all time. He still plays some defense and though he shoots too much he gives other players open chances as he draws defenders. You can be a hater if you want but come on man. >>

It's not being a hater to call a spade a spade. Kobe stopped playing defense several years ago in trying to save his energy for offense. His shooting percentage continues to slip, and he's either led the league (6 times) or been second (twice) in field goals attempted the last 8 years. He's a ball hog, and this isn't being a 'hater' its looking at his game. >>

Hater talk.
  • Options
    Get that Kobe nut riding out of here. A guy who needed to ride Shaq the Gasol to his titles.

Warriors going for the LA double take down tonight!
  • Options

<< <i>Get that Kobe nut riding out of here. A guy who needed to ride Shaq the Gasol to his titles.

Warriors going for the LA double take down tonight! >>

Or maybe no "double take down" but should still be a good year for the Warriors!