Home U.S. Coin Forum

Ebay let me down,,,,,,first time in many years....

AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
Actually sold a silver quarter for less than melt. Hard to fathom, but it does happen. I'm surprised he didn't
pay instantly....wouldn't it be funny if it was a non paying buyer?? Nah, lol

bobimage
Ebay
Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com

Comments

• LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that is odd. i remember thinking to myself on several occasions how crazy it is that buyers pay over melt for .90%, let alone nice uncs like yours.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭
    Looks like a type 2 on my monitor.
  • keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    based on the sale price and the shipping it's real close to melt.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coin! I'd have paid $5 cash for it!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sales price = $3.13
    + shipping = $1.73
    ---------------------
    Total cost = $4.86

Melt on washie is $4.06.

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sales price = $3.13
    + shipping = $1.73
    ---------------------
    Total cost = $4.86

Melt on washie is $4.06.

image >>

$4.86 is gross before shipping cost and final value and paypal fees. After fees <melt

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • RampageRampage Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Sales price = $3.13
    + shipping = $1.73
    ---------------------
    Total cost = $4.86

Melt on washie is $4.06.

image >>

$4.86 is gross before shipping cost and final value and paypal fees. After fees <melt >>

Yep. After Paypal and eBay fees, you net, about $4.23. Then, subtract $1.69 for first class mail with tracking and that nets you $2.54. Then, you should subtract at least a dime or two for packaging materials and you are left with $2.35, which is substantially below melt.

• hiijackerhiijacker Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭
    But i wouldnt say eBay let you down as you need to consider what the BUYER is paying. He paid you over melt. That is a win for eBay. You need to ship it standard first class mail and charge less for shipping and the buyer will then pay more. Dont spend money on tracking for a $5 item.
    Buyer of all vintage Silver Bars. PM me
    Cashback from Mr. Rebates
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kinda like prawn stars
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>But i wouldnt say eBay let you down as you need to consider what the BUYER is paying. He paid you over melt. That is a win for eBay. You need to ship it standard first class mail and charge less for shipping and the buyer will then pay more. Dont spend money on tracking for a $5 item. >>

And if he gets a dishonest buyer he loses everything.
  • Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be happy it did not sell for .99 image

Hoard the keys.
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This might lift you up.

Yesterday Ed called me on the phone. First time I met him he was offering me abut $50K worth of currency and my bid was $28K. Oooops. image Off to NY he went with it (2009).
    Live and learn. Fast forward four years now…. and that was yesterday.
    Oh I heard that pleasant man's voice say, "Joe, I need the first five years of P&D mint marked Presidential Dollars".
    I said, "Ed, that's going to cost you". He said, "Trick or Treat". I said, "if you buy at my price, I will treat".

He hung up. image
  • RYKRYK Posts: 35,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I once sold a circ barber quarter for about face, net to me. I consigned the coin in a group of several, and for some reason, this one was listed separately. It sold for around melt but after eBay fees, consignment fees, shipping, etc., I was left with 0.26.

Anyway, if that is your biggest gaffe on eBay ever, you are way, way ahead of the game.
  • 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The buyer overpaid.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like a type 2 on my monitor. >>

But.....but............it's not a 1972 IKE!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • BrolBrol Posts: 266 ✭✭
    Try BST next time. image
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Try BST next time. image >>

I sell stuff on the BST all the time....just one lose quarter...probably should have done a giveaway!
    bobimage

PS: check out my BST HERE
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file