Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Shipping Sets

Hi Guys,

I'm gonna be shipping some sets I've sold on ebay. Any recommendations prior to shipping? I'm using USPS priority shipping to keep costs down. I've bought and packaged boxes but I've never sent anything this large in the mail so I want to avoid any mishaps and deliver the products I promised. Anything would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Dan

Comments

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm assuming you're referring to the full size 700+ card sets... when I ship mine I go with the USPS Medium Flat Rate boxes. There are also USPS Regional Rate A & B boxes. Sometimes that's cheaper than Medium Flat Rate. I try to sell sets in pairs, to get more bang for my buck.

Also, purchase and print your postage online or through Paypal. You receive an online discount and free delivery confirmation. Plus, you now receive free insurance up to $50 with Priority Mail.
  • Options
    I received the USPS Priority Boxes because they provide up to $50 insurance and free delivery confirmation. I'm gonna give them a try, however I didnt see Flat Rate prices. Do they do that on weight of product or size of box?
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Boxes - $16.85
    Inside Dimensions Outside Dimensions
    12" x 12" x 5-1/2" 12-1/4" x 12-1/4" x 6"
    23-11/16" x 11-3/4" x 3" 24-1/16" x 11-7/8" x 3-1/8"

Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Boxes - $12.35
    11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" 11-1/4" x 8-3/4" x 6"
    13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8" 14" x 12" x 3 1/2"

Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box - $5.80
    8-5/8" x 5-3/8" x 1-5/8" 8-11/16" x 5- 7/16" x 1-3/4"

Priority Mail service offers 1 day, 2 day, or 3 day service to most domestic destinations. Priority Mail Flat Rate boxes are available at many Post Offices and can be ordered online at USPS.com/store. This 1-3 day service includes tracking and merchandise insurance up to $50. Additional merchandise insurance up to $5,000 may be purchased for a fee.
    Domestic Prices

Priority Mail Flat Rate boxes are priced low to U.S. destinations, regardless of the actual weight of the piece up to 70 pounds.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    I ordered the Priority Mail Box - 7, 12''x12''x8'' for binders and eBay Shoebox - 7 1/2 " X 5 1/8" X 14 3/8" for card sets.

When I looked at my delivery email from USPS for the boxes, it says standard shipping. Whats the difference between standard shipping and priority shipping? Can I still have pick up at my home with standard? Plus, what would I charge my customers? Does standard shipping offer a flat rate?
  • Options
    arexarex Posts: 999
    Sometimes there isn't much of a difference in price on standard and priority if in reading it right.
    Do these boxes have a Priority Mail logo on them anywhere?
    Got a link to these boxes on the USPS site?