Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Trying to sell this for my daughter, Statehood Quarter Sets. $75 delivered for ALL of it.

She/we recently came across a significant upgrade for her collection and to my surprise, she pulled the trigger and bought it. So like here dad, whenever there's a significant upgrade to the overall collection, something must go.
I am kind of embarassed to even offer this, but please bare in mind this is for her so she doesn't have to walk around a coin show carrying it all and get low-balled the hell out of.

A complete "gold plated" P & D Statehood Quarter set each in a nice presentation cherrywood box & the Statehood Quarters in the "Map" format.
The "D" folder is complete and all coins are what I would call BU. The "P" one is not complete as you can see by the pics, only 4 coins missing, but are still mostly BU coins.
You have complete sets with the boxes and folders except for 4 coins...a GREAT starter set for a young child. Please help her out and buy this great Christmas gift for a beginner collector just to see the look on their face when they open it all. It's all still in excellent presentation condition.

$75 takes it all. The cherrywood boxes have to be worth $15 for the two of them alone...there's $55 face in just plain money. So it's like I'charging $5 to ship when it's going to be at least $20. PPG or postal money orders are preferred forms of payment.

The "P" cherrywood gold plated set
The "D" cherrywood gold plated set
The "P" Map set
The "D: Map set
To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

Comments

• Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭✭
    I think you'd be able to sell this on eBay. Use a Priority Mail flat rate box and you can keep the shipping cost down.
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Use a Priority Mail flat rate box and you can keep the shipping cost down

Thanks for the advice and bump of the thread, but it wont fit in a FRB, and that's the problem, a "homemade box" would have to be crafted to mail it, and then it gets charged by weight and size, and that's going to be at least $30 all going to 1 buyer.
  • NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    That should fit into a medium flat rate box, at $13.95, I believe? Still a big jump from the $5.80 for 'small box' priority, but cheaper than 'by the weight'.
    I'll come up with something.
    see, it wont fit in a FRB, which means it will be charged by weight and size of the package I craft and using the postage caluclator, it's going to be close to $30. I guess that's the deal breaker trying to sell it all here and I'm forced to have to try eBay for her. I already gave her the $90 she wanted, so now it's my problem image
    If you see a guy walking around with these at your next coin show, you'll know it's me LMAO!
  • Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, too big for a flat rate box.

Keep the wooden box. Put the gold plated coins on eBay. Spend the regular coins. Give the folders to some other kid.

You paid $90 for $55 face. At worst you have a $35 problem, nothing to get upset about.
  • drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cut two Priority boxes and tape them to fit.
  • coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try ordering or locating the 1095 Priority Box

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

ttt