Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

The Final Year

of the Byzantine emperor Maurice Tiberius.
Finally have something to post. I had been working on my Julio Kilenyi collection, a Lite Side topic.
More interestingly, I was busy attributing 75 coins of the Southern Song dynasty; quite a project. I would not dare post them lest Zohar be delegated to smack me in the head a few times; he knows where I live.

I particularly like this follis. Despite the corrosion, the name is quite clear, especially for the Cyzicus mint.

imageimage
Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD

Comments

• Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Man, you are undoubtedly the collector with the most eccentric taste I've ever met online or in person. And yet, I love your perseverance, your defiance as to wether other members read your usually extremely well written threads or not and your often vitriolic sense of humor. As for the coin, no idea.image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Man, you are undoubtedly the collector with the most eccentric taste I've ever met online or in person. >>

I agree. And a nice person to boot. Hopefully I see you at the Waldorf in January, Ira!
  • Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    I also agree with the previous responses. You absolutely have a great collection going! Although I do not always respond to your posts, I absolutely LOVE your Horsey medals. I know for a fact that I would chase you in that area if I were not so focused with my aluminum collection. image

-Dan

• Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with the above. I rarely post anymore, but I always open your threads when I see them image.