Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1996 select certified mirror gold emmitt smith

hello I have a friend who has a 1996 emmith smith select certified mirror gold card. I only collect baseball so I wonder if anyone can tell me how much that card is now. I know it is only numbered to 30 apiece. thank you. he told me that he peeled the protective coating off the card. thank you.

Comments

• AlbertdiditAlbertdidit Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    Im a fan of the 1996 Mirror Golds. I dont remember seeing an Emmitt Smith or Barry Sanders sold on ebay lately but if its any help to you other top players in the set like Bret Favre...Dan Marino..John Elway...over the last few years sell for around $175-$200 each

Gonna have to edit my post...if it is actually serial numbered to 30 then you are talking about the 1997 mirror golds. I dont know much about what those go for. The 1996 were not serial numbered (but stated to have around 35 of each)
  • Loyalty32Loyalty32 Posts: 497 ✭✭✭
    lwehlers - Per Beckett...

-1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold #27 Emmitt Smith SP/35 $150.00

Thanks
    Craig
  • Cards such as this you throw the book out. I would be surprised if this would only sell for 150 should it surface. I would put a figure on it much closer to 200 if not more. These rarely surface and are highly desirable
    It never leaves you...
  • jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure it is not the 1997 Totally Certified Platinum Gold. As far as I remember, these were the only ones that were serial numbered to 30. All other mirror gold cards just had stated print runs.
    James
  • lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thank you guys for your response. the card is the 1996 that is numbered to 35 then. it is card 27.
    the card isnt actually serial numbered. Beckett says the stated print run is 35 but there is probably more than that. Over the years have seen the football ones pop up more than the baseball. I wouldnt be surprised if there was closer to 50 of each for the football.
    One just sold for best offer

Emmitt