Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone heading to the Boston Show next week?

My friend will have a table and I'll help out on Friday and Saturday...

Comments

• Options
    Is this the show you are talking about?

http://www.psacard.com/Resources/ShowDetail/6391
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    I will be at the show--not sure which day.

Where is your friends table?
  • Options
    I might be there Friday night to get Ray Bourque's auto and complete my set of living Bruins with their numbers retired.
    Collecting Topps Baseball: 1966-present base sets
    Topps/OPC Hockey 1966-Present base sets
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to my weekend in Wilmington . . .
  • Options
    Time4aGansettTime4aGansett Posts: 382 ✭✭✭
    Possibly. If I do, it will be Saturday.
  • Options
    wes spece is going
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭
    Going Saturday, I find this is the better of the Shriners Shows
  • Options
    Time4aGansettTime4aGansett Posts: 382 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Going Saturday, I find this is the better of the Shriners Shows >>

Agreed. And this is the strongest autograph lineup they have had.
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody go today? Heading there tomorrow and was looking for some feedback on today's show.
  • Options

<< <i>Anybody go today? Heading there tomorrow and was looking for some feedback on today's show. >>

I was there around 4:30 for about an hour. Got Ray Bourque's autograph then hit the floor. Pretty good attendance, but I would classify it as 'quiet'. It was pretty easy to walk the aisles and check out the tables. I am guessing the weekend it would be much busier.

Saw my first 1952 Mantle (forget the grade but the card looked great) - $45k - just wow. I have seen the auctions on ebay, but to actually see the card with that price tag was actually pretty cool. Even the PSA 1's were going for $4500.

Lots of stuff. Almost all the dealers had BUYING signs. Not a lot of unopened dealers compared to the rest of the tables, and what was there was along the back for the most part. I could have probably emptied my wallet there, but I am at a point in my collection resurrection that I want to have a shopping list before I start shelling out money. The only thing I did buy was some baseball holders for my sister-in-law. My nephew (14 yo) wants them for all his home runs and one guy had them 10/$15.

Wish I could go back this weekend - good auto lineup and I would have my shopping list ready image.
    Collecting Topps Baseball: 1966-present base sets
    Topps/OPC Hockey 1966-Present base sets
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went today hoping to pick up a nice 53 Satchel Paige and a nice 59 Bob Gibson.
    This was a great show for set builders. Lots of raw cards from 52 to present. The vintage HOFers were way overpriced. I found a few Gibson rookies but all were OC. The Paige card was readily available but the cheapest I found was a raw copy in good condition....$250.
    Memory Lane had some nice cards there for the upcoming auction. Mr. Mint was buying. 707 had an incredible selection as usual. The PSA booth was slow when I saw it.
    Not too much unopened like BostonAmerica said.
    Well, I struck out on my wish list, but picked up a 58 Mantle All Star for my collection. So it wasn't a total loss.

Hope you guys had better luck than I did.
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    I went today and picked up some raw cards for sets. Had a good time today I got to see Topps29...Gary it was nice to see you.
    Good show today... If your thinking of going tomorrow you should.
  • Options
    72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭
    I was there Saturday picking up high number commons for my 72 Topps set. i did really well and was able to pick up a ton to get me closer to finishing the set. And I also picked up a few cheap Yankee autos.
    Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars