Home Sports Talk

Are MLB ratings that bad?

The NLCS was not televised on a major network.

Comments

• digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    TBS always takes one of the LCSs and Fox takes the other. They did that last year too.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • 1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭
    MLB started on this path in the 2000s when they started focusing exclusively on the Boston - NY rivalry and left every other team out. It worked well in the short term but left so many teams without a TV presence that when either of those two big teams weren't involved people couldn't care less about them. As usual this huge problem with MLB falls squarely on the commissioners shoulders.

The only hope is if the dodgers keep spending obscene amounts of money and turn into the current version of the Yankees everyone loved to hate.
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I refuse to pay for any televised sports program. Cancelled my Satellite TV and watch "Netflix".

Of course I live in Minnesota where our teams (except MAYBE the Wild) are completely pathetic.

I never was someone who watched sports other than the local teams.

Just got sick of paying extra for something I used to get for free.

No commercials is nice too!!!!!!!
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    I don't have cable, so I don't get to contribute to the ratings. I have an antenna upstairs for Sundays, but I will not be using it to watch this boring WS that is about to start. I'd rather watch the '94 Series again, than watch this crap between STL and BOS

• << <i>The last Monday Night Football wasn't on network television. May be more a sign of modern day television. >>

Monday and thursday night games have been on cable for quite some time. Having the NLCS on cable would be the equivalent of having the AFC championship game on cable. According to the herd, all the major sports including Hockey have been going up in the ratings. While baseball keeps going down.