Home Precious Metals
Options

China, gold prices & US default threats

derrybderryb Posts: 36,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

Comments

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If those bars of gold from Ohio Precious Metals are being used at West Point, they aren't coming from the "deep storage" reserves in Ft. Knox.

Which means that the gold is coming from the open market. Wouldn't this also support higher gold prices, especially since China is on a tear importing gold? Nevermind Germany's request for repatriation.

This is the most obvious no-brainer that I've seen for several years, maybe longer.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just that in 5 years if PMs are still nears these levels that we are not rehashing old manipulation and conspiracy theories.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is very interesting....Cheers, RickO
  • Options

<< <i>I just that in 5 years if PMs are still nears these levels that we are not rehashing old manipulation and conspiracy theories. >>

If in five years PMs are still near these levels then your heroes in DC will have made a remarkable turnaround.

• Options
    I dont have heroes in DC.

I do have about 330 million in Alabama, Alaska,...........Wisconsin, Wyoming.

• Options
    s4nys4ny Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭
    If someone is forcing the gold price down to an unreasonable price, that
    creates a bargain and you should buy.

If this is true, don't complain about it, take advantage of it.

Over time every commodity will find its own correct level.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <Over time every commodity will find its own correct level>

solid.

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

<< <i>Over time every commodity will find its own correct level. >>

How long before they run out of paper and ink?

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

How long before the run out of paper and ink? >>

Around the same time the broken record stops playing the same sad song

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

How long before the run out of paper and ink? >>

When I traded for a living I tried to be the little boat who steered in the same direction as the big boat but since I was small and nimble I could maneuver better. Big boats take awhile to turn around. However, I did not fight the basic direction for the most part. You can't fight city hall. Pick your poison.

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

How long before they run out of paper and ink? >>

Around the same time the broken record stops playing the same sad song >>

The DJ won't be changing the tune any time soon.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I dont have heroes in DC.

I do have about 330 million in Alabama, Alaska,...........Wisconsin, Wyoming. >>

Who do you think sent your heroes to DC?image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I dont have heroes in DC.

I do have about 330 million in Alabama, Alaska,...........Wisconsin, Wyoming. >>

Who do you think sent your heroes to DC?image >>

UCSB Electrical Engineering....... USCG and NASA
  • Options
    So little faith. Much better to believe in shiny metal than the human spirit.

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So little faith. Much better to believe in shiny metal than the human spirit. >>

While I see your point it seems somewhat out of context.

I honestly think the problem is many of our brightest minds do not want to undergo the scrutiny or being a modern day politician when they can start their own company and make millions and avoid all the media intrusions into their private lives.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    brightest minds do not want to undergo the scrutiny or being a modern day politician when they can start their own company and make millions

Our brightest minds have never been politicians.

My point is that , we the people, will not let the USA fall into oblivion. The problems we face today are not unlike any others we have conquered. There have always been optimists and pessimists and over time the optimists have always won.

China is not afraid of a US default. China is not dumping US debt. China faces a very real demographic problem of its own. China has a Governmental system that history has proven always fails. You can be afraid of China if you wish, I am not.

• Options

<< <i>My point is that , we the people, will not let the USA fall into oblivion. The problems we face today are not unlike any others we have conquered. There have always been optimists and pessimists and over time the optimists have always won.

China is not afraid of a US default. China is not dumping US debt. China faces a very real demographic problem of its own. China has a Governmental system that history has proven always fails. You can be afraid of China if you wish, I am not. >>

US has a monetary system that history has proven always fails. We the people are too distracted to prevent oblivion. History has show that mass distraction is a handy tool.

• Options
    China

This country may have some very serious demographic problems over the next 20 years.

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> brightest minds do not want to undergo the scrutiny or being a modern day politician when they can start their own company and make millions

Our brightest minds have never been politicians.

My point is that , we the people, will not let the USA fall into oblivion. The problems we face today are not unlike any others we have conquered. There have always been optimists and pessimists and over time the optimists have always won.

China is not afraid of a US default. China is not dumping US debt. China faces a very real demographic problem of its own. China has a Governmental system that history has proven always fails. You can be afraid of China if you wish, I am not. >>

It's hard to prove but I think some of our founding fathers: Jefferson, Adams, and Madison all probably had high IQ's and used them wisely. I also think it's safe to say that Bill Clinton was much smarter then Bush junior and Obama.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.