Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1994 Bumble Bee Miami Hurricanes football w/ The Rock

Greetings all I was sifting through some hurricanes memorabilia and found some assorted uncut sheets one is a gatorade set of defensive, carlo joseph, kenard lang, tremain mack unfortunately all the tony coley card have compressed damage on the corners edge. the other cards I found are a set of bumble bee 1994 with ray lewis, dwayne johnson ,warren sapp and others, is it better to seperate the cards or leave them whole do i need to have them graded and what are they worth are the worth more graded.
thanks for any help
RThill at vetteme1@aol.com
vetteme01@ebay

Comments

• Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    The sheets uncut usually sell for about 200 on eBay... There seem to be more and more popping up so not sure how that has affected the price. The key card is the Dwayne Johnson. It sells very well in high grade. I think a bgs 9.5 sold for a 1000. If the Dwayne Johnson and Ray Lewis cards don't have any surface issues or creases I would separate them and get them graded. 8s or better and you do really well I think. Good luck.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
  • Options
    thanks hard to belive an idividual card would sell for so much but the sheet so little
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    Yeah with these rare oddball items sometimes all it takes is one aggressive buyer. You most likely have to rip apart more than 5 sheets to find a gem mint Rock card... So if you really only want that card in a psa 10 or bgs 9.5 then it might be cheaper to just pay 1000 for the single card rather than take many chances on an uncut sheet. You might be able to get more for the sheet if the rock card is in perfect condition and you highlight that as a selling point.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I think the people that want the Rock card the most have already got them and as more of these come to market the price will drop on them. While there can be high prices achieved for wrestling cards, some of the issues do not have depth to sustain that price again. There is a ton of variability in wrestling cards.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options

Apparently, I attended this one and only game where these cards were given out at the Orange Bowl back in 1994 because I was looking through my old collection and I found 2 sets of these cards protected in plastic. They're both in excellent condition, although they're separated and not still part of a single sheet. One set is missing 4 of the guys who no one will probably remember. I was only 12 years old back then! Message me if you'd like to buy mine. I'd like to sell them.

Best,

Anthony