Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2009 Topps UFC Round 1 Box Rip

Hoping this doesn't turn in to a lesson in futility as this box cost some money ! We'll see Sunday when the box, and I, get ripped while watchng Talledega, football and hopefully game 7's in baseball. Wish me luck dpeck and wrestling card king ! If I get some good stuff I might have to get some more history and dive in to what I previously mocked - those cards you have with very large half naked ugly men on them. Ha HA.

Comments

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd start ripping now!
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Concur! Good luck!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Board Rule is as follows: If you intend to RIP a box, it must commence with 90 minutes of posting the box.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tough box. Good luck.
  • Options
    buntbunt Posts: 625
    Had to open 1 pack. The Herb Dean card is thick like a memorabilia card, but no memorabilia on it ! In checking the pop report not many cards graded of this and I can't locate UFC stuff in the onlnie price guide anywhere. Will have to get some of this graded and myabe build a base set.

I don't recognize the names below but am thinkin' any one of these guys could probably beat my *ss in well.. 1 second ?

• Options
    Bunt ... just an FYI ... when I opened a 2010 box, in addition to receiving that Georges St Pierre Octagon chip/card that I showed in the other thread, I also received 5 of those thicker cards you mentioned. ("The Herb Dean card is thick like a memorabilia card, but no memorabilia on it.") I know there were 5 packs in the box, but not sure if it was 1 per pack or not.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    thanks Dboneessq - it's looking like one thick card per pack. The Josh Koscheck gold card here is one. They probably have 1 in each pack to mask the packs with real memorabilia from pack searchers. I like that medal card you got - hoping those are in here.

At least I've heard of Royce Gracie in this pack. And LOOK, a chick card ! and she ain;t so hot image What dpeck said on another thread about these guys coming and going every couple years is important. There really aren't any that last more than a few years with this right ?

• Options
    That's a bad pic of her. Arianny Celeste is very hot!
  • Options

• Options
  • Options
    Who chose the photos for these? That Liddell card is horrible.

How many packs in the box?
  • Options
    No kidding ! That picture sucks image I only know Liddell, Lesnar and Gracie so far, the other cards I really don't know who is who.

The box has just 20 packs in it, so for what I paid, it averaged out to 36 bucks a pack ! Oh yeah ! Smart buy here so far !!!! Unless some mombo huge pull comes today or tomorrow I think I'll end up very much in the hole. Some of these cards are numbered so will need to check pop and price reports somewhere once all packs are opened.

Next -

• Options
    Agree these pictures are horrible
  • Options
    WAIT ! Hold On ! There is actually only 16 packs in the box, not 20. Average pack price of purchase: 45.25 ! image
  • Options
    Yeah they improved the pics in the following releases.....I'd take that Arianny....image
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    I better quit today, while I'm far... behind image

• Options
    You have to have a signed card in there somewhere
  • Options
    Man ... these must be different than what I purchased. Mine was a blaster box from 2010. I think I paid $20.00 for the box.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Doug, am going to go after some 2010's after this. More sane of a purchase ! I'm thinkin'' though these crappy pictures kind of makes them cool (?)

Still no auto card.. But a couple St-Pierres, who I have heard of. And the chick card again, this time, this card is the thick one. That's right, I said the chick card is thick :0

• Options
    You don't seem to be a big UFC fan, I gotta ask, why are you ripping the box?
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>WAIT ! Hold On ! There is actually only 16 packs in the box, not 20. Average pack price of purchase: 45.25 ! image >>

So a box is $ 720.00 with only one auto??
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    A box of UFC cards costs $720? Jesus.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
    I think BBCE has one for $850.
  • Options
    Becoming a big UFC fan! - recently been watching and it's kicckin' my *ss on coolness. Better to me than anything boxing or wrestling before. I want to learn some history here with this stuff.

So far - NO Auto's image Yeah man, I had some credit at BBCE and bought a box with a little break on cost. But yep - the price was HUGE for this. Let's wait and see if anything happens here but this could indeed be the biggest losing box in history.

Here's the next 45 dollar pack !

• Options
    Hot CHick Alert ! Hot Chick ! I;d take this one over the other one any day.

The Diaz/Neer silver card is marked 1/1.

• Options
    Relic card ! In checking ebay for this guy, this card could bring me in like 3 bucks !

• Options
    Got an auto ! Completed sales for this card go as far up as 12 bucks ! This may blowit for the box - it was suggested I get a 'red' auto image

• Options
    Blumpkin pack

Just four packs left after this.

• Options
    What are the numbered cards that you have pulled?
  • Options
    One mroe relic. The Forrest Griffin card could bringi n 20 bucks.. Almost half way to 100 dollars - leaving only a 600 dollar loss so far image

• Options
    Another auto - Quinton Jackson - past sales have this around 60 bucks image

• Options
    YES ! Thus guy might get mu money back !

• Options

Well there you have it folks - a complete box rip with some personal excitement at the end, after dreading i more than half way through. image
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Nice hit. That seems like one of the best possible hits. If it doesn't have chipping you should grade it.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>YES ! Thus guy might get mu money back !

Anderson Silva Chris 'The Crippler' red dual auto with mat relic Yes !

image >>

WOW what a turn around!!! You might end up making money on this box!

I recommend you do a Google search for Arianny Celeste and I feel confident you will like what you find.

• Options
    sorry, back now.. I did do a google search on Arianny after you mentioned it - then needed to 'step away' for a bit image
  • Options
    CONGRATS on that hit! For your sake I hope it sells for as much as the one you referenced! As mentioned, if it looks good get it graded ... or you may want to put it up NOW on ebay with a high BIN/Best Offer. Keep us informed.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Thank You image

Will get some of these graded. Grading is pretty much free right ? You can send cards in and not worry about spending any money. Three months down the road, which is an eternity, you get a bill - deal with it then image All grading is free is my book based on this theory. ha ha

WCK - will go through these today and post a pic of the grade worthy/numbered cards and let you know some time today.

dpeck - if you are the same dpeck that was in the sports market magazine a while back, the girl you are standing next to in the picture is MUCH more pretty than the two in this card set !

Doing the grading pick through now on this box. Actually ended up very happy.
  • Options
    Yep that is me. Hot chicks dig wrestling cards! LOL

Thanks for the kind words about my wife.

• Options
    Box Synopsis:

101 what would be considered commons. Have not sorted to see complete base set %.

4 'Top Fight' silver common cards

4 'Victorious Debuts' yellow/silver common cards

7 common 'thick' cards (with Liddel and Couture cards - recognizing more names than first thought !)

3 Relic cards

Numbered cards:

Diaz/Neer 1/1
    Saunders/Barrera thick card /288
    Cane/Irvin thick card /288
    Arianny Celeste thick card /288
    Reljic/Gouveia thick card /288
    Griffin/Bonnar thick card /288
    No idea if the /288 includes thick and standard cards in the total.

Autos:
    Saunders
    Jackson
    ANDERSON EFFIN SILVA ! dual auto with Chris 'The Crypler' Leder red with mat relic.

That is all for thix box break. Many going off to PSA, for return next year some time.

• Options
    According to my monthly Beckett guide, the silva/leban books for $450. It's too bad you didn't pull a solo silva or GSP red ink auto, books for $1200 each. I'm a huge ufc fan and it's good to see a box ripped here. Silva's auto has gotten a bit cleaner and easier to read since then. I have a 2012 relic auto.
    Pete
    .Looking for ANY National Bank notes of Skaneateles, NY
  • Options
    This sheeet is cool not looked at the thick / auto or other cards yet - but havin fun si far:

• Options

Will await the UFC fans to post anyting further image

Buffalo Bills will win Sunday
  • Options
    You have got your beer and smokes, that is all you need! image

Good luck!
  • Options
    I have some UFC cards, they are fun to own.....
  • Options
    BUNT ! image