Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Sharing my 1977 O-Pee-Chee #1 Luke Skywalker PSA 10

Just wanted to share one of my dream cards in the Star Wars universe. Just picked it up. Centered, which is very nice. Amazing for OPC!!!

[URL=http://s1069.photobucket.com/user/parkbakken/media/1977 STAR WARS O PEE CHEE 1 LUKE SKYWALKER PSA 10/1978O-PEE-CHEESTARWARS1LUKESKYWALKERPSA10_zps83cc91d9.jpg.html]image[/URL]

Comments

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome, congrats on the pickup. Are OPC nonsport as brutal as OPC baseball? Those edges look outstanding.
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, that looks like a 10 without any special opc rules. Great card. Thanks for sharing.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options

<< <i>That's awesome, congrats on the pickup. Are OPC nonsport as brutal as OPC baseball? Those edges look outstanding. >>

Yes, the OPC non sport is very crappy. Cards were cut with dull blades. You should see 1978 OPC Superman, unreal. Its amazing, the cards are more ripped apart then cut. Same with Star Wars. And yes, these are amazing edges, the blade must have been sharp for about 5 minutes.......hahahaa

Thanks for the comments!
  • Options
    That's not good to hear. I've picked up a couple of boxes of 78 OPC Superman thinking I would put together a nice set at some point. Perhaps I'll just leave them sealed.
  • Options

<< <i>That's not good to hear. I've picked up a couple of boxes of 78 OPC Superman thinking I would put together a nice set at some point. Perhaps I'll just leave them sealed. >>

If it was me, I'd open them. I've opened many, and it is possible to get a PSA 10. Plus, really nice 9's, with and without the OPC rules. There are enough boxes around until we are both dead. The ripped apart ones make me laugh! Enjoy!!!!
  • Options
    SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Nice card! How do you tell the difference between Topps and OPC?
  • Options

<< <i>Nice card! How do you tell the difference between Topps and OPC? >>

Hello! The card stock is lighter, and the font is different on the front. Also, cards that have titles are written in English and French. And it seems to me OPC is a more vibrant print. Though the quality of these cards is ultra crappy. Which makes this PSA 10 amazing!
  • Options
    SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info! Sounds like 10s are hard to get, so congrats.
  • Options
    I don't have anything to add, just find myself returning to this thread to look at the card. It really is outstanding. Congrats again.
  • Options

<< <i>I don't have anything to add, just find myself returning to this thread to look at the card. It really is outstanding. Congrats again. >>

LOL!!! Wow, that cracked me up!! Thank you again.
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    I wanted to see the card, but looks like you got shy and removed it.
  • Options

<< <i>I wanted to see the card, but looks like you got shy and removed it. >>

Luke made a short visit to Dagobah, he's back now. LOL!