Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Thank You! bbuckner22 and markj111

Please let me know if you have any of these in a PSA 8 and what you are asking.

92 DAVE PHILLEY
178 RUBEN AMARO
183 STU MILLER
250 BILLY ODELL
445 CAL McLISH
500 VIC WERTZ
To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15

Comments

• Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    That's six tough ones. Good luck.
  • Options
    Sports Card Link's latest auction has every one of those you need.

1959 set break
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That's six tough ones. Good luck. >>

I suspected this would be the tough ones since they are the last 6 needed. I'm not actually the collector on this set, it's for my dad, who is 20th on the registry. He takes care of my toddler every day while my wife and I are at work, so anytime I can figure out a way to surprise him with something, I do my best. It's one of those debts that can't get repaid, but he enjoys when we show the appreciation.

Thank you both for alerting me to the auction. I haven't used an auction house before, but registered for this one and tested it with a $1 bid. The big hurdle now is to be sure I'm not actually bidding against my dad!

Can anyone tell me roughly what these are worth? I don't mind paying full price, but I'd like to avoid getting completely burned.
  • Options
    VCP average on those 6 cards:
    Philley $119.50
    Amaro $208.88
    Miller $140.83
    O'Dell $238.09
    McLish $407.50
    Wertz $289.34

I had a graded set a few years back that was mostly 8's and 9's, I went back and checked and I had all of those in 7's, they are tough. Good luck!
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options

<< <i>VCP average on those 6 cards:
    Philley $119.50
    Amaro $208.88
    Miller $140.83
    O'Dell $238.09
    McLish $407.50
    Wertz $289.34

I had a graded set a few years back that was mostly 8's and 9's, I went back and checked and I had all of those in 7's, they are tough. Good luck! >>

This is very nice of you. I really appreciate your help with this.
  • Options
    Prior to the auction, my dad had picked up O'dell and I was able to get 4 of the other 5 for way under VCP. Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Prior to the auction, my dad had picked up O'dell and I was able to get 4 of the other 5 for way under VCP. Thanks for your help! >>

Great to hear ... when are you going to give them to your dad?
    PS That's awesome that you and your dad can talk about card collecting!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice work!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    Great! I wanted the Pierce A.S in 8.5, but was unsuccessful.