Home Sports Talk
Options

CBS Sports had story on Best and Worst QB's at this point in the NFL Season...and Romo's in the Best

AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
CBS Sportsline Best and Worst NFL QB's after 6 weeks

Romo has no games with less than 60% completions (averaging 70.2 % so far) and 14 TDs against only 3 interceptions. On pace to have his best season ever.

I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.

Comments

• Options
    When the Cowboys finish 7-9 and are watching the Playoffs from home, I'm sure they'll all feel ok about it, since Romo had his best season ever.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>When the Cowboys finish 7-9 and are watching the Playoffs from home, I'm sure they'll all feel ok about it, since Romo had his best season ever. >>

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭

<< <i>When the Cowboys finish 7-9 and are watching the Playoffs from home, I'm sure they'll all feel ok about it, since Romo had his best season ever. >>

Since that's a TEAM record and not solely Romo's fault your pont is null and void. How many times do people need to be told a terrible defense and no running game can only take you so far?
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    So DIMEMAN was right all along. Glad we have some consensus.
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    "The one enduring image for most folks is Romo's interception against the Broncos late. That's a misguided notion. Not only does it feed a silly narrative but, as my colleague Ryan Wilson adeptly pointed out, it ignores the fact that Romo had his foot stepped on during the pick in question.

Let's toss that one performance-blinding throw out the window and look at Romo's actual production though. And the reality is he's been outstanding. Romo doesn't have a game with less than 60 percent completions and is hitting on 70.2 percent of his passes for the season. He has just three picks all year, against 14 touchdowns. Neither his raw numbers (282.2 yards a game passing) or efficiency (7.77 YPA) are absolutely mind-blowing. But Romo's been incredibly consistent, efficient and smart through six weeks of the season. As it stands right now, Romo's on pace to have -- by far -- the best season of his career. And it's one of the best starts in all of the NFL, quarterback-wise."

• Options

<< <i>So DIMEMAN was right all along. Glad we have some consensus. >>

Not necessarily. For years, going back to his days at Tennessee, Peyton was known for his happy feet and inability to win big games. It wasn't until '05 and '06 seasons when he finally got that monkey off his back (beating Brady and winning a ring, respectively) did the perception change.

It very well could happen to Romo one day but until then, he'll be known to put up big numbers but always fail at winning when it's needed the most.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I miss Jessica Simpson...

• Options

<< <i>
    It very well could happen to Romo one day but until then, he'll be known to put up big numbers but always fail at winning when it's needed the most. >>

Only known to those too ignorant to understand how football games are won and lost.
  • Options

<< <i>I miss the Jessica Simpson from The Dukes of Hazzard... >>

Fixed image
  • Options

<< <i>I miss Jessica Simpson...
    ] >>

Jessica wishes she was missing a portion of the new Jessica.