Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Started a new Registry Set, this time a CC Type Set -- got the itch again!

Good to be back here. Started a new set. My Carson City Type Set

Not going for all time finest or anything, but instead I'm going to focus on coins that would look good together as a set, so more emphasis is going to be placed on look of the coin than the grade.

If you run across coins that are original looking but not overly toned, that have decent eye appeal in a moderate MS state, please PM me and let me know. I appreciate any help I can get in identifying coins that might be of interest.

Comments

• Options
    mercurydimeguymercurydimeguy Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭✭
    Got a question... are graded Chomparked Trade Dollars allowed in PCGS Registry Sets? Let's say I have a PCGS AU58 Chopmark graded Trade Dollar, can I put the certificate in and have it be added to my CC Type Registry Set?

PS. Picked up this coin last week...still a little rusty on with the photography (out of practice)

• Options

I tried the trick you suggested regarding the "Chopmark" Trade $1, and no dice. It doesn't allow them to be added to the Registry set. It took the cert # into inventory and shows "chop marks" as variety, but didn't offer me an option to add it to my set. Thanks for the suggestion.

Regarding, the Seated Quarter, I agree that if some of the dirt was gone it would be in a different holder image
  • Options
    mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭
    I like that quarter just the way it is. The gold rim toning is nice.
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Options
    Plugging along, made a couple nice dime purchases (this one is for the CC Type set), and a $20 Gold placeholder purchase also for the Type set. Here are some pics. Hoping to replace the $20 Gold with an MS example when I am able to do so. I think the Seated Lib Half might be my next purchase. Hopefully will get one before the year is out (bidding on some in auctions).