Home Precious Metals
Options

Mike Maloney's Video on how the Fed and Currency works

http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections

Comments

• Options
    philographerphilographer Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Never take advice from someone who has a storefront behind that advice

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    Just because he sells precious metals, doesn't make him wrong about how system works.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>1) Never take advice from someone who has a storefront behind that advice >>

good thing this doesn't apply to coin dealers or lawyers.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>1) Never take advice from someone who has a storefront behind that advice >>

good thing this doesn't apply to coin dealers or lawyers. >>

I have to agree, his videos are awesome and free. Mike is a good guy willing to help educate the general public.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watched the first 10 minutes of the video and will finish it later tonight. Based on my current understanding, the video is well done and everything in the video to that point is fairly represented and accurate.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    good video. it's not the entire story, but there's a lot of truth in it.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally, a silver round with a winged horse on it image The girls will love it.. does it come in unicorn too?

just don't make me watch the half hour video advertisement to get to the payoff of watching the round being minted!

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Interesting video, thanks for sharing the link. I got a chuckle out of the stick figure construction worker scratching his head LOL.
  • Options
    Baley, I'm waiting to learn what part of this conspiracy theory/precious metals advertisement video isn't quite accurate or up to snuff.image

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Oh, every word of "how it works" appears to be true, aside from the editorializing of calling it "fraud" and "scam" and such emotion-laden words.

The implication that we should, therefore, buy some of their silver round products, suggests that they're selling them to us to help us, and not for their own profit, and that's where the credibility of motive suffers

(because if they really believed that having silver rounds were the only "protection" from the System, then wouldn't they just shut up about it and quietly hoard them all for themselves??)

No, the precious metals bubble inflating again will depend on getting more and more "believers" to buy these products; we'll need multi-level marketing to convince a greater percentage of the public that they should own silver "products", and that's tough to do unless prices are going up.. and for now, the mention of "silver" is a joke among serious investors... they'll say, "look at that broken chart, wake me up when you've worked through that overhead resistance"

Everyone on this board (me included) is already convinced that having metals is smart (although we all differ on how "smart" ( % ) we're going to be, versus the alternatives such as lands and incomes), so they're preaching to the choir here.

the "industry" of getting novelty silver rounds into the hands of the public is growing long in the tooth... and it appears that there are many with vested interest who are committed to "convincing" others to join in, and there are emotion laden words to describe that phenomenon, such as pyramid, Ponzi, hype, mania, bubble, etc..

• Options
    for now, the mention of "silver" is a joke among serious investors... they'll say, "look at that broken chart, wake me up when you've worked through that overhead resistance"

They really can't be too serious if they aren't worried about the debt and it's effects on the bond market as their number one concern, in my opinion. Sentiment can turn on a dime, as you ought to know.

the "industry" of getting novelty silver rounds into the hands of the public is growing long in the tooth... and it appears that there are many with vested interest who are committed to "convincing" others to join in, and there are emotion laden words to describe that phenomenon, such as pyramid, Ponzi, hype, mania, bubble, etc..

So, you are saying that fractional reserve banking and the Fed's creation of credit with no backing isn't a pyramid, Ponzi, or a bubble? If so, we disagree. The fact that they, or anyone else might be selling silver rounds is essentially meaningless to me, but the message of their video is valid and clearly explained, in my opinion. That being the case, the positives outweigh the "hype", as you would put it.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    for now, the mention of "silver" is a joke among serious investors... they'll say, "look at that broken chart, wake me up when you've worked through that overhead resistance

They really can't be too serious if they aren't worried about the debt and it's effects on the bond market as their number one concern, in my opinion. Sentiment can turn on a dime, as you ought to know. "

They can be serious about investing in any number of shelters from the debt and bonds; they might have some silver as hedge, but haven't fallen into the trap of believing that silver and only silver can save them from "Them".

Sentiment for silver (I say silver because that's what he's hawking at the end of the video) may indeed turn on a dime... tens or hundreds of thousands of people may see this or similar videos and decide to buy their first silver, and/or some of the "true believers" may decide to buy some of this particular silver.. but that's not the way I'd be swinging for the fences at this point in the metal "sentiment" cycle... there will be plenty of people who will want to sell some or all of their silver when it gets back to $30, $40, $48, $49, and if it ever gets to $50, Katie bar the door image

So, you are saying that fractional reserve banking and the Fed's creation of credit with no backing isn't a pyramid, Ponzi, or a bubble? If so, we disagree. The fact that they, or anyone else might be selling silver rounds is essentially meaningless to me, but the message of their video is valid and clearly explained, in my opinion. That being the case, the positives outweigh the "hype", as you would put it.

No, not saying anything about anything, other than, good, accurate video of information that's widely known, some editorial "labeling" content, and an advertisement for the product they're selling. I have said before and will say again, the world very seldom ends, and our chances of seeing it are vanishingly small. Most of this (Fed, Nat'l debt, partisan bickering, wall street, lobbyists, you name it) will keep on going and the can kicked down the road long after everyone reading this is gone to dust

the range of future potential "black swans" in which silver and only silver makes the difference to the average person is pretty narrow, imo. (but of course, that's m.o., of course others o's differ. But the facts so far support the former, and we agree that they do unless and until they don't

• Options
    Of course, the ability to think is more valuable than silver. I'll give you that much.image

I knew it would happen.