Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Best sleeves and backing for unopened packs?

So I have a bunch of unopened packs that have not yet made it out to PSA for grading but I want to keep them safe. What is the most effective combo of sleeve and backing for an unopened pack. For instance this 1984 Topps Hockey pack:

The main reason I say sleeve and backing is I was thinking of how comic books are stored and I started doing it this way with cello packs. But I figured I would ask and see what you guys have come up with for your collections. Also, any word on the Rack-Pack holders yet or any quick and effective protection for these too? I know there have been many threads on them but I figure i'd throw that out there also. Hell lets make it one big thread and give all your ideas for all unopened material other than PSA grading cases image

Comments

• bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    Mine are mostly in team bags with a top loader to keep the shape.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Mine are mostly in team bags with a top loader to keep the shape. >>

+1

• << <i>Mine are mostly in team bags with a top loader to keep the shape. >>

Yes that is what I thought would be the easiest, most inexpensive way to keep them "safe". I have some team bags on their way to me now image
  • BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I sandwich packs between 2 Card Saver Is and slip them into a slab bag, the larger cousin to team bags. Toploaders aren't archival safe and long term contact between the toploader and pack could be detrimental.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭
    For racks I do use the comic book sleeves and boards and for packs I just keep them flat in their box until I send them in for grading.
    Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies