Home Sports Talk
Options

Adrian Peterson's Son!!

StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
So sad about his 2-year old son, dying at the hands of an adult. Sound like physical abuse.

Comments

• Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    I just got into Minneapolis and I'm in town now and needless to say this is really big news here. From what they've been reporting it sounds like murder not an accidental death.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭
    Even crazier is it appears to be a mistress' kid, who moved from Minnesota right after the kid was born. A ton of questions being asked right now.
  • Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    I've been hearing about it since early this morning. Very sad.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    I cannot imagine what AP is going through and seeing him so composed took my breath away. From this point forward, all is forgiven for him going to OU. He is truly good people. Thoughts and prayers to him and his family.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i> He is truly good people. >>

He denied until a recent paternity test that the child was even his and from what I have read, had very little to do with the child. I know it doesn't change the fact that a completely innocent baby was murdered but don't start commending AP for being a trooper and carrying on.
  • Options
    What kind of father allows the child he loves to be brought up by another man ?

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i> He is truly good people. >>

He denied until a recent paternity test that the child was even his and from what I have read, had very little to do with the child. I know it doesn't change the fact that a completely innocent baby was murdered but don't start commending AP for being a trooper and carrying on. >>

Someone, that I find pretty reliable, told me AP didn't know until recently and once he connected the dots, took full responsibility. Time will tell but in the meantime, I'm giving my guy benefit of the doubt.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    <<<Someone, that I find pretty reliable, told me AP didn't know until recently and once he connected the dots, took full responsibility. >>>

I have trouble believing this scenario. That would mean that the mother would have turned down the probably $10k/month in child support that she could have been getting from AP all this time.

I think AP has handled this well, but I'm not about to anoint him a saint either.
  • Options

<< <i><<<Someone, that I find pretty reliable, told me AP didn't know until recently and once he connected the dots, took full responsibility. >>>

I have trouble believing this scenario. That would mean that the mother would have turned down the probably $10k/month in child support that she could have been getting from AP all this time.

I think AP has handled this well, but I'm not about to anoint him a saint either. >>

Allegedly, she thought the father was someone else. Don't get me wrong, I'm not painting AP as a saint and my guy doesn't have a perfect track record. He could have bad info but if/when AP discusses it publicly, I'm going to assume the glass is half full.
  • Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭
    AP knew, and likely paid the relocation money to get the lady away from Minnesota, which she did right after the kid was born. Before we get carried away trying to anoint Peterson a saint, let's realize the likely truth is he paid her off to go away.

• Options
    buntbunt Posts: 625
    Peterson thought of that kid like your parents did you ?
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I forgot about this one. How many kids does AP have?
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read he has between 5-7. I'm sure we could sprinkle a few more out there that nobody knows about
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    They say at least five, possibly up to seven with five different mothers.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options

<< <i>They say at least five, possibly up to seven with five different mothers. >>

Didnt Sean Kemp have a ton?
    Travis Henry, Tennessee Vols Denver in NFL got like 11 by 10 different women
  • Options
    Wasn't there some moron on the Jets that had so many kids, he couldn't even remember their names?
  • Options

<< <i>Wasn't there some moron on the Jets that had so many kids, he couldn't even remember their names? >>

Antonio Cromartie
    Check out this link Lots of baby mommas
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Wasn't there some moron on the Jets that had so many kids, he couldn't even remember their names? >>

Antonio Cromartie
    Check out this link Lots of baby mommas >>

That's a great link. I found this tidbit interesting/scary (if true):

Honorable Mention: Karl Malone, who had his first illegitimate kid in college when knocked up a 13-year-old junior high school girl.