Home Sports Talk
Options

If Denver had lost to Dallas yesterday, I was considering......................

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
........................... posting a thread that:

1. ripped Denver a new one;

2. proclaimed the season a total loss;

3. predicted that the team would not win another game; and

4. would have put me in a perpetual bad mood since an undefeated season and Super Bowl trophy [IMHO 19-0 is the only satisfactory outcome to any NFL team's season, anything less than that is a loser; and 19-0 is barely good enough unless the team has a margin of victory of 30 points per game or higher] would have been lost.

But since Denver did not lose, things are still great image

Comments

• Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    I love Peyton Manning...always have.

But I have a feeling.....I have a very strong feeling....the Colts are going to knock Denver out of the Playoffs. The storyline is too perfect to not happen.
  • Options
    The Colts v. the Broncos in the playoffs would have a very good storyline (old v. new, PM v. AL) and it would be a very good game to watch. AL is playing very well, as are the Colts.

Denver needs to keep its offense going and tighten up the defense, particularly the pass defense. Maybe when Von Miller and Champ Bailey return the defense will stiffen up.
  • Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭
    If the Dallas defense had showed anything resembling a backbone yesterday, and given the support necessary for a win, how many dopes would still be here writing off Romo as a total failure?

Just more fuel for the brain-challenged who still think Romo is to blame for the loss yesterday...
  • Options
    Tony Romo's Romo-like interception is all that matters.
  • Options

<< <i>Tony Romo's Romo-like interception is all that matters. >>

So the FACTS that the defense (and not Romo) gave up 51 points has no bearing on the team losing?
  • Options

<< <i>

So the FACTS that the defense (and not Romo) gave up 51 points has no bearing on the team losing? >>

The Dallas D gave up 48 points. Romo gave up the last 3
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

So the FACTS that the defense (and not Romo) gave up 51 points has no bearing on the team losing? >>

The Dallas D gave up 48 points. Romo gave up the last 3 >>

So it's acceptable to give up 48 points and expect a win? LOL You're insane.
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    The last time Peyton's team was the undefeated kingpin was 2009. That year, the Saints were the last undefeated NFC team. Remember how that season ended? Let's do it again! Go Saints!!!
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    Both offenses negated each other. Thus the game was a push until Romo threw the interception. That allowed Denver to score a field goal and win the game 3-0. Romo cost Dallas the game after 57 plus minutes of keeping Dallas in the game.
  • Options
    How many QBs could have kept Dallas in that game yesterday? I'm guessing that list is pretty short. The guilty party for losing that game was solely the awful Dallas defense. Sorry but when you give up 51 points you don't get to point fingers at anyone else.
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manning > Romo

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options

<< <i>Manning > Romo

Dave >>

Not saying much, at this point in his career Manning is just about better than any active QB.
  • Options
    Romo is a choke artist.

Manning doesn't choke.

End of story.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my favorite NFL players is Dallas linebacker Sean Lee.
    Read his comments about how the defense stunk.
    He says that it's unacceptable when the offense scores 48 points and Dallas loses.
    He puts the loss squarely on his and the defense's shoulders.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options

<< <i>Romo is a choke artist.

Manning doesn't choke.

End of story.

Dave >>

What do you base this on? The fact that Manning has been on more better teams than Romo? Or is it Manning's 9-11 career playoff record? Is it his playoff QB rating being nearly 10 points lower than his regular season one? What is the basis for this theory?
  • Options

<< <i>One of my favorite NFL players is Dallas linebacker Sean Lee.
    He says that it's unacceptable when the offense scores 48 points and Dallas loses.
    He puts the loss squarely on his and the defense's shoulders. >>

What else would a good teammate say in this situation? How frustrating it must be for the team to know they can't trust their QB
  • Options

<< <i>

What else would a good teammate say in this situation? How frustrating it must be for the team to know they can't trust their QB >>

Yeah that damned QB who's only on pace for 4800 yards, 42 TDs and 6 INTs. Awful, nobody should have to endure those god awful numbers on any NFL team!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

What else would a good teammate say in this situation? How frustrating it must be for the team to know they can't trust their QB >>

Yeah that damned QB who's only on pace for 4800 yards, 42 TDs and 6 INTs. Awful, nobody should have to endure those god awful numbers on any NFL team! >>

Enjoy all those stats along with the 8-8 record.
  • Options
    Why is it impossible for you and your ilk to comprehend that an elite QB can only take a mediocre team so far? That without even an average defense, a top flight QB can only go so far?

You know what? Forget it. I am literally laughing out loud with how ignorant you and the others blaming Romo for the loss truly are. How truly and completely inept you are at analyzing football.
  • Options
    Dallas is at best a 9-7 team with a serial choker at the controls. That's problematic.

Dave
  • Options
    I'm laughing out loud about Romo being referred to as a top flight QB.
  • Options

<< <i>Dallas is at best a 9-7 team with a bottom 10 defense on the field. That's problematic.

Dave >>

There, I fixed it for you.
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,158 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Why is it impossible for you and your ilk to comprehend that an elite QB can only take a mediocre team so far? >>

RK TEAM YDS YDS/G PTS/G

30 Dallas 2046 409.2 27.2
    31 Denver 2083 416.6 27.8

<< <i>That without even an average defense, a top flight QB can only go so far? >>

RK TEAM YDS YDS/G PTS/G

30 Dallas 2046 409.2 27.2
    31 Denver 2083 416.6 27.8

The hole is rapidly closing.......which direction are you going to cut this time, C.J.?
  • Options
    And we'll see how well Denver does in the playoffs if they continue to allow points and yards at this rate.

Again, anyone with a brain knows that if Romo doesn't have a game for the ages against Denver they lose that game by a ton. Period.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    If Manning wasn't so good then the Broncos wouldn't be winning so many games either.

• Options
    Funny how my original post in this thread has been ignored and replaced with yet another discussion about Romo.
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Funny how my original post in this thread has been ignored and replaced with yet another discussion about Romo. >>

You're right.
    Hope your team doesn't take a week off after the hard fought Dallas game.
    Even though they could take the week off and still get the win against their next opponent. image

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    I remember very well the Jacksonville-Denver game in the playoffs after the 1996 regular season. Denver was the best team in the regular season at 14-2. They lost to Jacksonville.

So I hope Denver does not take it's next game for granted.