Home Precious Metals

Is it time? Will we see the

Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
$1,000,000,000,000.00 platinum coin?

"It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson

Comments

• mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    Probably not, but it may be time to bring back this:

Or maybe these:

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rumor has it that there haven't been any new bills printed with a date later than 2009 except for new designs. Anyone finding a date after 2009 on the $1, $5, $10 or $20 bill? Seems all the new stuff is strictly digital money.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,916 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>rumor has it that there haven't been any new bills printed with a date later than 2009 except for new designs. Anyone finding a date after 2009 on the $1, $5, $10 or $20 bill? Seems all the new stuff is strictly digital money. >>

That's not the date of manufacture---it's the series date which is when the last change was made which is usually the signature on the bill. The BEP is still in business printing new currency.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

<< <i>$1,000,000,000,000.00 platinum coin?

image >>

Is there even a trillion dollars worth of platinum available to make this coin? Also, I don't this there is a coin press big enough to strike such a huge coin.

"Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,058 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Probably not, but it may be time to bring back this:

Or maybe these:

image >>

you might be onto something with that one image
    Unlikely the government will produce anything larger than a $100 bill. They don't want to facilitate the underground economy which is too hard to tax.

• if we brought back the 500 or 1000 dollar note just picture the look the teller at wal mart would give you! You know the look when you hand them a 2 dollar bill and they call the manager and ask " is this real" or the dollar coin stare....

Would be nice though
  • bretts911bretts911 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>rumor has it that there haven't been any new bills printed with a date later than 2009 except for new designs. Anyone finding a date after 2009 on the $1, $5, $10 or $20 bill? Seems all the new stuff is strictly digital money. >>

That's not the date of manufacture---it's the series date which is when the last change was made which is usually the signature on the bill. The BEP is still in business printing new currency. >>

This is correct you can find out when the notes are printed on this site
    uspapermoney
  • OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This is correct you can find out when the notes are printed on this site
    uspapermoney >>

Looks like the Series 2013 $5 is rolling off the press. New Treasury Secretary means new series.

<< Unlikely the government will produce anything larger than a $100 bill. They don't want to facilitate the underground economy which is too hard to tax.

I believe there are 500 Euro notes being printed, equivalent to about $680. The U.S. might sometime decide to print $500 notes for competitive reasons.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)