Home Precious Metals

Paladium outperforming other PMs

derrybderryb Posts: 36,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

Comments

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going into the 400s.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

The palladium coins are awful to own . The spreads are too wide and no one seems very interested they just don't speak to anyone.

I've made a lot of money off of palladium in catalytic converters but the prices are way off in that market. With spot at $720 now converters are selling for less than they were when spot was $600image

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Going into the 400s. >>

when?

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    Palladium took off when the ETF (PALL) was introduced, and it hasn't looked back. Personally, I wouldn't buy at these levels, but I'm not holding out hope for it fall back to the 200s anytime soon.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

when? >>

Just being oppositional. Predictably.
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.

<< <i>

when? >>

Over the next year.

<< <i>

<< <i>

when? >>

Just being oppositional. Predictably. >>

More like realistic, pragmatic and logical. image Afterall, I dont own silver in the 30s or 40s. image

Roadrunner likes looking at the COT reports and I find them useful at times also. Take a look at what they say.

It doesn't excite me to see another ETF to be born from the wall street meat grinder. I don't trust any increase in demand coming from that quarter because I don't believe that the metal is really going to be set aside.

<< <i>Roadrunner likes looking at the COT reports and I find them useful at times also. Take a look at what they say. >>

too busy listening to my dollars cry the blues.

<< <i>

<< <i>Roadrunner likes looking at the COT reports and I find them useful at times also. Take a look at what they say. >>

too busy listening to my dollars cry the blues. >>

I'd be singing the blues also if I was surrounded by your pessimism. imageimage

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,634 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought some palladium once, and I just can't rationalize the spreads involved. Maybe it's different now. I think I lost about a hundred bucks on the deal. Maybe that's it - I didn't like losing money.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

If the recycling market is down while spot is up that doesn't seem to indicate high demand from industry. They don't actively turn people away they just lower prices so that only the desperate sell.

<< <i>

<< <i>

too busy listening to my dollars cry the blues. >>

I'd be singing the blues also if I was surrounded by your pessimism. imageimage >>

There you go again confusing cause with affect. image

I'm probably the most optimistic member here when it comes to what bad economic policy and terrible dollar management will do to PMs.
    When they say the dollar is backed by "faith," I do believe they had you in mind.