Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

So I went downstairs for a rip...

Sunday Night Football had just ended. Thanks to Ryan, Gonzo, and Thompkins, what looked like an 0-4 week, had turned into a sure 2-2 with a good chance at 3-1. So I was happy. Wife wanted to finish watching the movie I made her stop watching earlier, so I had 20 minutes to kill.

Figured I'd go downstairs and rip some junk.

First pack grabbed was a 1992 Stadium Club Series 3. These things are pretty worthless but actually yield some nice looking cards. I think I opened one of the better packs.

The success of the night game, coupled with this pack, got me thinking I should go bigger. Get out of the junk and into the good stuff.

Decided on a pack of 1980 Topps, and though no Henderson, I was quite pleasde with the stars and quality of the cards.

Side Question: Three of the cards (all but Murray) have a grey dot (looks like grease splatter) which I've seen on many cards from that year. Is it like a fish eye? Is it a PD? How much do they hurt a grade?

Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks
52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.

Comments

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Sunday Night Football had just ended. Thanks to Ryan, Gonzo, and Thompkins, what looked like an 0-4 week, had turned into a sure 2-2 with a good chance at 3-1. So I was happy. Wife wanted to finish watching the movie I made her stop watching earlier, so I had 20 minutes to kill.

First pack grabbed was a 1992 Stadium Club Series 3. These things are pretty worthless but actually yield some nice looking cards. I think I opened one of the better packs.

The success of the night game, coupled with this pack, got me thinking I should go bigger. Get out of the junk and into the good stuff.

Decided on a pack of 1980 Topps, and though no Henderson, I was quite pleasde with the stars and quality of the cards.

Side Question: Three of the cards (all but Murray) have a grey dot (looks like grease splatter) which I've seen on many cards from that year. Is it like a fish eye? Is it a PD? How much do they hurt a grade?

Thanks >>

Oops, I gotta go, I forgot I have to help Hernandez move today!! image
  • Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Sunday Night Football had just ended. Thanks to Ryan, Gonzo, and Thompkins, what looked like an 0-4 week, had turned into a sure 2-2 with a good chance at 3-1. So I was happy. Wife wanted to finish watching the movie I made her stop watching earlier, so I had 20 minutes to kill.

Thanks >>

Oops, I gotta go, I forgot I have to help Hernandez move today!! image >>

So the couch, is it a fold out or a sectional?