Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Why does Ebay think that they know better what I want in my search results than I do?

Has Ebay gotten so arrogant that they think they know what I want more than I do?

What I mean by that is this - I have noticed more lately that when I go to search for something, they will give me something similar in the search results, but it isn't exactly what I am looking for.

For instance, I am looking up a bunch of 1962 Jello cards. Well, on most of my searches, they are including results from 1963. I AM NOT SEARCHING FOR 1963! I want 1962 results. Is anybody else noticing this happening more often lately?

Shane

Comments

• Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭
    I notice things like this in the suggested results that appear directly below actual matching results. Or if there are no results for what I'm searching, I've seen things like this. Otherwise, I've never seen this happen unless the seller was spamming keywords or listed something incorrect in the description or other text fields.
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    it doesn't really matter what i want to search for anymore when their programmers think that all i want to see is Probstein auctions.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>it doesn't really matter what i want to search for anymore when their programmers think that all i want to see is Probstein auctions. >>

Funny how that works.

Also irritating is my saved searches keep disappearing and reappearing. Hey ebay, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set