Home Sports Talk
Options

cincinnati reds uniforms

Anyone else see these last night against the Pirates? Anyone know what they were? lol

Comments

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just watched the "highlights" on ESPN.com. The words on the front of their jerseys "Los Rojos" are Spanish for "The Reds". So, it appears they were having a Spanish or Latino Heritage Night.

Steve
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    It's Hispanic Heritage Month. The 'Stros usually sport "Los Astros" on Cinco de Mayo.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭

"The Reds are unveiling an alternate jersey starting in 2013. The Red jersey will have ‘Los Rojos’ emblazoned on the front, in white scripted letters. Los Rojos is Spanish for “Reds.”

The Reds will wear the jersey at selected games.

Pitcher Johnny Cueto sported a Los Rojos jersey this weekend at Redsfest, where the jerseys also were available for fans to purchase.

“We’ll use it throughout the season at home games, with exact dates not determined,” said Phil Castellini, Reds chief operating officer. “We might also do it on the road, for example, if we’re in Milwaukee at the same time they’re doing their Hispanic Heritage night.”

Karen Forgus, Reds senior vice president of business operations, said the team received feedback from fans before choosing the new jersey.

“We found there’s an appetite with our fans that they love things with Los Rojos on it, because it’s fun,” Forgus said. “We’re not changing our main uniform. This is an alternate.”"
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    The 'Stros wore their Los Astros jersey yesterday and the Texans cheerleaders will honor Hispanic Heritage today with some snazzy outfit.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts