Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Free NEWP from a loyal customer! :D

A customer of mine who's been giving me business each month for the past two years surprised me with this gift on Wednesday afternoon:

imageimage
ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

Comments

• Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonderful Israel 500 Prutah. Looks like a very gradeable piece!

Now that is a nice customer!
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Yeah it's decent alright. He told me back in January that he was going to submit a few of these to PCGS. I helped him with his submission as it was his first. I told him I needed one for my Prutah registry set, and to let me know how they came back, because I might want to purchase one. Well, eight months later he hands me this raw. He said he wants to keep the slabs for his kids (an admirable reason not to sell). He said they all graded 63-65. I have to assume that this is below 63, or else he would've submitted it alongside the rest. So I haven't decided yet whether to slab or not. I think if I were going to slab it, I would elect the restoration service. It has a spot or two that are easily visible and I expect more under the glass.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice!!
    don't assume - it looks 64 actually - pretty clean fields for a large crown like that image
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Thanks, but on this Type the fields are not the major issue. It's all the tiny dings on the pomegranates and the denomination numerals.

Check out this thread I posted a little while back. Lots of photos of this Type in various grades. It's definitely nicer than the 62 in that thread, but not better than the 65. So yeah I guess it might be a 64 but I'm leaning towards 63 maybe 62 if the spots aren't removed with restoration techniques.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE