Home Precious Metals

Quadruple ebay bucks today for selected members

derrybderryb Posts: 36,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'll be adding eligible bullion deals as I come across them at the bottom of this post in the event someone here qualifies and is looking. Feel free to post any eligible items you come across. Remember, the bullion category is not eligible.

I haven't purchased in a while - I got the quadruple offer.

"Qualifying items excluded from earning bonus Rewards include all items in the following categories: Classifieds, Business & Industrial, Real Estate, eBay Gift Cards (within the Gift Cards & Coupons category), Bullion (within the Coins & Paper category), and eBay Motors (except Parts & Accessories in eBay Motors which will earn eBay Bucks).

Rewards are capped at $100 per transaction and $500 per Earn Period. Purchases must be paid for with PayPal before the Promotion ends. eBay reserves the right to cancel, amend, or revoke the Promotion at any time. Other restrictions apply."

Those taking advantage of the offer for a coin purchase should first ensure seller did not list it in a bullion category which does not earn ebay bucks. Some top rated sellers will use the bullion category to avoid the 14 day return policy that is required of top rated sellers for all other coin categories (14 day return policy for bullion is exempt, most likely due to price volatility).

Edited to add:
here's a 1 oz. gold maple $75 below spot for someone who gets the X4 ebay bucks today, I have no affiliation with the listing, just passing on a deal I came across.

Here's an eligbile 1 oz. AGE, but remains a bit pricey

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

Comments

• Noob question but how exactly do ebay bucks work. Sadly I have been on ebay since 2001 and havent taken the time to figure out how it works. For you first link it says I would earn $100 in ebay bucks if I pay today
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you have to sign up to participate. Then earn normal 2% for all non bullion category purchases (seller determines category), up to $100 max per purchase. Earn up to $500 per quarter. At end of quarter total becomes available and is applied during checkout. Works like a coupon.

ebay buck program

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• Cool thanks for explaining. Need to figure out how to sign up!

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole

• Sweet Im signed up and get the quad bucks. Thanks! Now just need to find something that good to buy that qualifies...

• LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    In my experience, like all other rewards points programs, the rewards help a little but not enough to justify a purchase you wouldn't have made otherwise.

I.O.W. if you're going to buy anyway, might as well get quad points. But don't go jumping through hoops just for the points. image
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

HE>I

• tincuptincup Posts: 5,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have to agree with LochNESS; these are designed to compel you to buy whether it is something you want or not.

I received that offer, but did not end up making use of it. (the problem is, since quite a few others get the same offer, any reasonable ebay priced items get snapped up in a hurry, so the bargains do not last long).
    ----- kj
  • LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    So, derryb, what did you end up buying?
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

nothing