Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

2013 Topps Mini Football

I see that they are making this set much like they have done for baseball the last few years. $52.99/box with one auto or jersey per box and parallels/plates as well.

Comments

• dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭
    Uh-oh!

The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
    Beckett article, link.
  • why does that auto look fake?
  • This is cool ! Has there been a Topps Mini football product before?

I want that Ej Manuel auto card !

• << <i>why does that auto look fake? >>

I think they do that to prevent anyone from trying to use it as a possible fake, just a guess
  • Should have done this last year.
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭
    Topps did a Mini Football set in 1987.

http://www.psacard.com/PSASetRegistry/alltimeset.aspx?s=43997

This mini-size version of the 1987 football cards was distributed in the United Kingdom for British fans of American football. The cards measure only 2 1/8" by 3". Some of the photos used are different from the regular 1987 Topps issue football cards, although the style is essentially the same. The card backs are colorful and feature a "Talking Football" section where a football term is explained. A collector box (with a complete set checklist on the side) is also available. The cards are arranged according to teams. Cards 76 through 87 are puzzle pieces, combining to show team action photos on their fronts and William "The Refrigerator" Perry on their backs. Card number 88 is a checklist.

These were available is cellophane packs with 5 cards and a piece of gum. The boxes held 48 packs and were sealed with 4 yellow collector boxes. There are 24 boxes in a case (unconfirmed). There is a red sticker on the clear plastic surrounding the box stating "4 FREE American football collector boxes in this pack. Give a collector box to any buyer of 10 packs". The box is marked with 12p (pence). These were made in the Republic of Ireland by Topps Ireland, Ballincollig, Cork. These cards are printed on white stock and have centering and cut issues similar to Topps OPC cards
    Topps has these for sale now. Who's buying?

Topps Link

HA HA, I noticed this on the site:

All Topps Online Exclusive Products are final sale.
    2013 Topps Mini Football is REDEMPTION FREE!
  • billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    No offense to Geno Smith, but this is the most lackluster RC class I can remember. I shall be passing on all 2013 Football products.
  • jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    I'll pass too. I have come to avoid any auto product with stickers, I hate them!
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Topps did a Mini Football set in 1987.

http://www.psacard.com/PSASetRegistry/alltimeset.aspx?s=43997

This mini-size version of the 1987 football cards was distributed in the United Kingdom for British fans of American football. The cards measure only 2 1/8" by 3". Some of the photos used are different from the regular 1987 Topps issue football cards, although the style is essentially the same. The card backs are colorful and feature a "Talking Football" section where a football term is explained. A collector box (with a complete set checklist on the side) is also available. The cards are arranged according to teams. Cards 76 through 87 are puzzle pieces, combining to show team action photos on their fronts and William "The Refrigerator" Perry on their backs. Card number 88 is a checklist.

These were available is cellophane packs with 5 cards and a piece of gum. The boxes held 48 packs and were sealed with 4 yellow collector boxes. There are 24 boxes in a case (unconfirmed). There is a red sticker on the clear plastic surrounding the box stating "4 FREE American football collector boxes in this pack. Give a collector box to any buyer of 10 packs". The box is marked with 12p (pence). These were made in the Republic of Ireland by Topps Ireland, Ballincollig, Cork. These cards are printed on white stock and have centering and cut issues similar to Topps OPC cards >>

I love the '87 Topps UK football set!
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Mick65Mick65 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

Looks pretty cool. I may have to buy and open a couple boxes. Although the relics have printed "authentic memorabilia" on them, not game used?

What constitutes "authentic memorabilia"? as opposed to "non-authentic"?

This little piece of fabric is the real deal ?? not cut from a high school uniform?

Not sure about the distinction, and why it's worth anything. (other than quantity limits)
    I love Topps Mini Football (see 1987 UK Football Set) but since all redemptions are in the product and lack of rookies I will wait for the boxes to drop before I pick them up!

I like these in the $30 range but at $50 NO WAY!
    Topps on-line exclusive, $53 a box and $53 a box by the case.

Don't see any chance of them being lower than that...

Too bad they didn't limit the production, I see the mini baseball still out there.

<< <i>why does that auto look fake? >>

Because it's just a sample. Real deal below...

• << <i>

Because it's just a sample. Real deal below...

image >>

Nice find if thats yours!!

<< <i>

<< <i>

Because it's just a sample. Real deal below... >>

Nice find if thats yours!! >>

Indeed, mine. image

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Indeed, mine. image >>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Indeed, mine. image >>

image >>

Thanks. It's the only modern card I have of his. Decided I wanted to get a decent looking auto.

I bought three boxes. Opened one, got an auto and a printing plate.

Didn't have a desire to open the other two, so I will just store them next to the unopened mini baseball.

For me there wasn't much of a 'wow'. Just a smaller version of the regular issue release that I wasn't interested in.

Oh well....