Home Sports Talk
Options

Cupcake Saturday!

Ohio State wins by 76.
Louisville wins by 72.
Baylor up by 42 at halftime.
Wisconsin up by 31 opening the fourth quarter.
Washington wins by 56.

Tell me again why there isn't standardized scheduling to determine a national champion again?

Comments

• Options
    you seem weird. like that unfortunate college who now, any/all current alumni, support something that is very bad for children.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Some teams almost choked on their cupcakes... two weeks in a row... *cough* Michigan *cough* image
  • Options

<< <i>

Tell me again why there isn't standardized scheduling to determine a national champion again? >>

Colorado State got paid $450,000.00 to travel to Alabama last night. That's huge money for their small time football program.

But to answer your question, there is no reason to answer why there isn't "standardized scheduling".
    You are not in a position of scheduling college football games. Therefore, your opinions and ideas really don't matter. Nor do mine.
  • Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭

<< <i>

But to answer your question, there is no reason to answer why there isn't "standardized scheduling".
    You are not in a position of scheduling college football games. Therefore, your opinions and ideas really don't matter. Nor do mine. >>

Obviously I am not in a position. By your "reasoning", nobody should discuss anything that they aren't in a position to do anything about. You're insane, you know that?

• Options

<< <i>you seem weird. like that unfortunate college who now, any/all current alumni, support something that is very bad for children. >>

Bunt, you edited this comment, and it *still* doesn't make sense. Try again?
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    While I understand the economics of it I really don't think they should be allowed to play 1aa teams. If you are in a "top" conference it just flat out shouldn't be allowed. The fact that the refs changed the rules of college football and went to a running clock in the Louisville game is a joke. At least play a low level division 1 team that might actually make you think. I watched the first half of UCLA v. NMSU and NMSU made it a game sort of. Sure UCLA played bad but at least there was some doubt as to the outcome for 10 or 15 minutes.
  • Options

<< <i>While I understand the economics of it I really don't think they should be allowed to play 1aa teams. If you are in a "top" conference it just flat out shouldn't be allowed. The fact that the refs changed the rules of college football and went to a running clock in the Louisville game is a joke. At least play a low level division 1 team that might actually make you think. I watched the first half of UCLA v. NMSU and NMSU made it a game sort of. Sure UCLA played bad but at least there was some doubt as to the outcome for 10 or 15 minutes. >>

I couldn't agree more. It would be like an NFL team scheduling a college team and counting that win towards their record. It's a joke and just further proof of the absolute corruption that the NCAA has to its core. Allowing top flight universities to schedule these types of opponents and then allowing the wins to count towards their ranking is pathetic and shows what a joke college football truly has become.
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Some teams almost choked on their cupcakes... two weeks in a row... *cough* Michigan *cough* image >>

+1

------
    stupid print dots