Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Fyi: Lyman Bostock Story, 10ET on the MLB Network....

Should be interesting.
Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items

Comments

• heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    I Want to see it, I always liked him as a play before he past.
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently showing Os vs Rays, and guide says MLB tonight will be on at 10PM here in NYC.
  • robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    This is scheduled to be shown on Sunday at 9pm CST here in Nashville but not tonight.
  • RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭
    Yep, Sept 23 will mark 35 years since he was murdered. Damn.
  • dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    I have one memory of him - I actually saw him hit a home run at Fenway. I don't think its 35 years, is it ??
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭
    the only game ever I was at Shea Stadium was the day after this happened & I recall the moment of silence for Bostock before the game

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • I learned about Bostock in 6th grade in '83. We must have been learning percentages because our math book had a graphic of batting average leaders. Mr. Moe asked the class, "now how can you tell that these numbers are not from this past season?" Being Chicago, everyone pointed to Fisk being listed as a Red Sox. There may have been another team change as well that was noted, but I remember Mr. Moe saying that Lyman Bostock hasn't played in 5 years since he was killed in Gary Indiana. I only knew him from his card and asked him about it after class. The fact that he said no one really knows what happened stuck with me.

I wish I had MLB and will check back next week to hear your comments.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>I have one memory of him - I actually saw him hit a home run at Fenway. I don't think its 35 years, is it ?? >>

Yeah, it is hard to believe he's been gone 7 years longer than he lived.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A total of 21 months in custody for willfully committing murder. Sickening.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Not mine, but must be a tough one to find.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up. It's on at 10 PM tomorrow in the Baltimore area. All set to record.
    Daniel
  • IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭
    His father, Lyman Bostock Sr. played in the negro leagues in the 1940's

Bostock Sr

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Did anyone record this and save it? I missed it while I was on vacation.