Home Sports Talk
Options

Tim Tebow turns down 1 million to play 2 games in Russia ?

Man, Tebow must really $uck if he's going to get paid $500,000.00 per game in Russia (if it comes to pass).

I wonder how many people on this board could get paid $500,000.00 to do three hours of work ?

Kid must really be horrible image

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ed, if your saying Tebow doesnt $uck then good for you but in the real league he is AWFUL.

And is he is an idiot for turning down that offer.
  • Options

<< <i>Ed, if your saying Tebow doesnt $uck then good for you but in the real league he is AWFUL.

And is he is an idiot for turning down that offer. >>

Reports aren't saying he turned it down. Reports seem to be saying that he is being advised not to.
    Maybe an insurance issue I guess, but not sure.
  • Options

<< <i>Ed, if your saying Tebow doesnt $uck then good for you but in the real league he is AWFUL.

And is he is an idiot for turning down that offer. >>

To make a similar comparison, if Jackie Bradley Jr. can't make it as a center fielder for the Red Sox, but a Russian team
    offers Bradley Jr. 1 million to play two games in Russia, then in my book Bradley Jr. doesn't $uck at all.

If you and me make $80,000 a year, then it takes me 12 years to make what Tebow makes in 2 games. That's doesn't $uck in my book.

Nor does it suck when Bill Walsh says the most important position on the field is the Quarterback, and Tebow takes a 1-4 team on a 7-4 run and a win in the playoffs, along
    with the 2nd best selling jersey and great excitement at Mile High and around the NFL. That didn't $uck one bit. Actually, it was pretty darn exciting.
  • Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭
    No, Tebow still sucks.
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    It is absolutely amazing how the Tebow cult has absolutely no sense of reality. According to them Tebow can do nothing wrong then when he does it's never his own fault. They blame the weather, the critics, the noise, John Elway and everything else they can think of but can't come to terms with the possibility that it's Tebow himself that's stinking things up, not outside factors.

The fact is Tebow was the 3rd string QB on one of the worst teams in the league last year, didn't make the team out of training camp (on a team with minimal depth at QB no less) and was passed up at league minimum salary by all 31 other teams. That more than anything else speaks loudest about his true abilities as an NFL quarterback.

He should've taken that offer because those two games would've been the only playing time he'll get this year.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭

<< <i>

Nor does it suck when Bill Walsh says the most important position on the field is the Quarterback, and Tebow takes a 1-4 team on a 7-4 run and a win in the playoffs, along
    with the 2nd best selling jersey and great excitement at Mile High and around the NFL. That didn't $uck one bit. Actually, it was pretty darn exciting. >>

A train wreck is exciting, it doesn't make it good. The media played tebow nation like a fiddle, and they continue to lap it up without realize what fools they truly are. Tebow alone didn't take the team to the playoffs, he needed help (as usual!) from the inept Raiders just to get in. But you'll never admit to that, like you refuse to admit he LOST the last three games of the season, the three most critical games of the season, any of which would have guaranteed the playoffs, he LOST ALL OF THEM.

But it's useless debating any of the mindless zombies of tebow nation. He's their savior, and everyone else is wrong about him. If he'd just get a chance!

• Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    You guys actually think he needs that money? He doesn't strike me as the kind of sucky player that wasted his earnings- probably because deep down he knows he'd never get another contract.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping the Browns would pick him up... image
  • Options

<< <i>To make a similar comparison, if Jackie Bradley Jr. can't make it as a center fielder for the Red Sox, but a Russian team
    offers Bradley Jr. 1 million to play two games in Russia, then in my book Bradley Jr. doesn't $uck at all. >>

In your book would that make him a viable NFL quarterback?
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the Tebow run as much as anyone, but let's be realistic here. If he had any chance of competing competently at the NFL level, a team would have signed him by now. Playing in Russia is no more than a freak sideshow for publicity purposes only, and may even be more pathetic an occasion than LT when he was a pro wrestler for a while.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.