Home Sports Talk

The Official 2013-14 National Hockey League Thread

Well folks, preseason is upon us. Who do you like/dislike this year? Sadly, as a Hurricanes fan, I am not nearly as optimistic this year as I was last season. Can Chicago do it again? Let's have a great hockey season and some great hockey talk this year!
Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.

Comments

• gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Go Flyers...let's get back to the playoffs!
  • jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    Excited to see what the Bruins can do, especially with their young defensemen. The core of the two Cup Finals teams is still largely intact, so I'm expecting another good run, but they will need to cut down on Chara's minutes during the regular season.

Also, curious to see what kind of offensive playmaker Seguin can be in Dallas, now that the shackles of Claude Julien's system are off, and he's back at his natural center position. His +/- will certainly take a hit not playing with Bergeron anymore, but I suspect he can be a 35-40 goal scorer.
  • lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭
    If anyone is the proud owner of a EHC Timmendorfer Strand (German league) sweater, you might look into getting it customized
  • LA Kings have the best goalie.

Blackhawks have the quickest skaters.

Penguins have the biggest whiners.

Maple Leafs have the biggest heartbreakers.

Canadiens have the best atmosphere.

Oilers have the best young players.

I'll say the Kings and Blackhawks have the best chance this year.
  • I've heard Washington is hosting the Winter Classic. Not too sure about this. I live not far south from Washington, and I can tell you that in the winter, weather is rather unpredictable as far as temperature goes. It would not be unreasonable to have a 40-45 Fahrenheit degree day in the middle of the winter in Washington. That could make for some really sloppy conditions. Why not put the game in Canada where it belongs?
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    Peter Laviolette fired after three games in Philly. Isn't that a bit soon?