Home Precious Metals

What are the fair market prices on silver Prospectors these days?

CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,957 ✭✭✭✭✭
What are people buying at? What are people selling at?
Just curious.
Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

Comments

• Majors are buying at +1 and selling at + 2.50 / 3 .

Minors are usually buying at -1 and selling at + 2 / 5 .
    Silver Baron
    Silver is the mortar that binds the bricks of loyalty.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JM Bullion is currently selling them for $27.47 and they actually have them in stock.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,957 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So selling at about +$5? Thanks.

I remember back when I was working that we just sold them along with the common rounds and bars at whatever the going premium was. And I remember when that premium was +$1.

I had heard that the premiums were up, and was curious.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • On my dry erase board I have prices posted...
    Silver Buffalo rounds Plus $3
    Engelhard Prospectors Plus $4

I sell piles of Buffalo's and hardly ever a prospector..
    Local economy I guess ?
    Support your local Coin Shop
    LM-ANA3242-CSNS308-MSNS226-ICTA
    I think they carry a small premium since they were only made from 1982 to 1987 and the Engelhard name is popular will silver buyers. Also, they have a neat design.

"Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

I just bought 8 of them at $25 each at a small local coin show. Half were the E type and the other half has the Eagle design. Very well made with a neat design. I consider these Engelhard rounds to be superior to the generic silver rounds that don't identify the manufacturer.

• TIPPAHNUMTIPPAHNUM Posts: 79 ✭✭✭
    Same subject just different metal. Anyone know the buy and sell price for Gold 1 oz. American Prospectors ? Thanks !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"having money's not everything and not having it is."

-Kanye West