Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1992 Pro Set NFL Fact set?

Ok passionate Pro Set collectors what can you tell me about this set and how rare it could be in unopened packs form. As far as I can tell player selection is pretty lame. These packs were given out in schools and appear rare by early 90's standards

Link

Comments

• Options
    shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭
    Ahhhh. Wow haven't thought of these In a while. Thy we're given out for free in public schools, mostly in urban areas I believe. My dad was an asst principal In a school and brought me home dozens of these. I think I probably opened most but still likely have some sealed. My gut is that these can't be worth that price, howver , it is possible I guess that te number unopened is quite small. Is there any value to psa 10s from
    This set?
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Is there a checklist for this set?

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭
    Here is what Beckett says online:

"Sponsored by Pro Set and Mobil Oil, the 1992 Pro Set FACT (Football and Academics: A Championship Team) set marks the third year that Pro Set produced cards to serve as motivational learning tools to promote public health and education. Six monthly lessons were featured in the set, and each lesson had an educational theme. Teachers utilized in-classroom educational materials and distributed a set of 18-Pro Set cards (including one title/header card) each month, with the reverse sides carrying specific educational lessons corresponding to the educational theme. The standard-size cards are identical to first series '92 Pro Set cards, with the exception of the backs featuring interactive educational questions instead of player information."

So, it's 108 cards. Beckett has a checklist here. It's strange though that the cards skip numbering from 10 to 20, then 76 onward are continuous and then the unnumbered header cards.

The catalogs I have don't mention them. I know 1990 Pro Set FACT is difficult to find (also not in the catalogs). I can tell you that I've see a lot more 1992 popping up on eBay so I'd have to assume there are more to be found. Maybe someone on the forum who has a Beckett pricing subscription can help with a value.
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • Options
    I see Warren Moon on the checklist. Not a ton of star power. Maybe this is why it's more available.
  • Options
    Also, doesn't look like there are any in POP right now, so they might have some value as a POP 1 at least initially for Pro Set fanatics.