Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Is Kruk Cards a good company to buy from?

Comments

• Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    inn.
  • Options
    54topps54topps Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭
    Bought from them a few times. Would buy from again. My one problem I had was buying a 1981 Rack box from them and there were packs with $1.00 stickers on them. Not from a case as advertised.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    See the search box?

No, but seriously, put their name in the SC&MF form search and, yeah...

edited to clarify: the "yeah" doesn't mean I agree or disagree if they're a good company. I have no opinion and it's "yeah" as in "so, um, yeah, anyway".
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    Never had any issues. Okay in my book.image
  • Options
    bcubsbcubs Posts: 344 ✭✭✭
    Bought an 82 Donruss set from them once and it smelled very musty and was in terrible condition. They promptly refunded my money when I returned the item. I would say they are fine and will make every effort to rectify a problem.

Appreciate today-

Bill

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're not bad, but not one of my preferred sellers. If they're the only one that has something I want, I'm not afraid to purchase from them, but if I can find it elsewhere....
  • Options
    I believe I bought a couple of graded cards at the WP show last year. He was pleasant to talk to and informative on what I was looking at.
  • Options
    I have bought some Curt shilling stuff from them in the past.
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    Oh the stories that could be told....
  • Options
    1all1all Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

<< <i>See subject line. >>

Check out my contribution to this thread LINK to see my latest dealings with Kruk Cards.

-Doug
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>I have bought some Curt shilling stuff from them in the past. >>

In before the POOF.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Holiday (etc)
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Plenty of places to buy from. They are on my list not to buy from.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    My experience is mixed, I have received both water damaged packs, as well as packs that were fine. I would consider buying cheaper stuff from them, but I wouldn't want to deal with potential issues from an expensive box coming in bad shape.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hit or miss to be sure.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    I have had few experiences and I generally avoid them unless its a super deal or its just something hard to get. But mostly the stuff smells of a wet cellar. I also think they over grade their stuff by omitting details. This is probably due to the large volume they do and so it becomes mechanical work for whoever is employed to set up eBay stuff.
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    They have one item I'd buy, but it's about 7x the price.

BTW, it's a lot of 650 Curt Schilling cards.
  • Options
    I have bought some raw non-sport sets from them. Most are ok as far as condition, but there have been some missing cards out of a few sets. They have either sent me the missings cards, or refunded my money. The last raw set was horrible! All the cards were stuck together and after trying to seperate them, the card was ruined. Its like the cards baked in the sun! I'm not going to bother shipping the set back for a refund because it was only $4.00! LOL Anyway, my two cents.

Doug
  • Options
    FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just bought four boxes of junk wax from them. I've never considered 1990 Upper Deck could smell musty but these boxes stunk. Also, there was a production glitch and all the cards were warped.
  • Options
    mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    1990 UD can warp? wow.

How much does an ozonator cost anyway? someone should put one under Kruk's christmas tree.
  • Options
    tbonewillytbonewilly Posts: 424 ✭✭✭
    I've bought from them many times before, I was happy with what I have gotten so far, the last 1989 Donruss rack case I got netted 2 griffey's showing on top, plus 4 more pulled from and I think around 6 Randy J. cards...I just pulled the hammer on the 1990 topps cello case, going to leave sealed for now, but I also grabbed another 2 cases of 1990 Donruss...Always cheap fun to rip...will keep 1 sealed this time..last one was a blast!..
    Ken - Volunteered to work in Florida Keys, now freezing in Ohio
    Work in progress - Unopened Racks/Cello/Wax with star power for Baseball, Football and Basketball
    Collecting unopened 80's boxes and graded packs
    I may be hoarding too much 80's junk wax but I like it!
  • Options
    coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭

Their product always smells like a mildew musty basement.

They need a dehumidifier in their warehouse.

• Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just bought a few graded cards from Kruk. Wish all ebay transactions were as easy.

• Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

@Dboneesq said:
    << I have bought some Curt shilling stuff from them in the past. >>

Thought I could get in before someone else said this.....too slow on the draw

That being said, I have only bought from them a few times. They misshipped me the wrong item, they sent out the correct one after I notified them and then when I returned they sent me a $50 credit for a future purchase

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

I've done local pickup there a few times. I don't think they have very good inventory control, but I didn't have problems with my transaction

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

@rcmb3220 said:
    I've done local pickup there a few times. I don't think they have very good inventory control, but I didn't have problems with my transaction

I was wondering if you could by at their place of business. Did not know if it is a store or warehouse??

• Options
    tmgrnzx9rtmgrnzx9r Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

@Stingray said:

@rcmb3220 said:

I was wondering if you could by at their place of business. Did not know if it is a store or warehouse??

I've picked up an eBay auction from them. It's more a warehouse with office space. I think everything they sell is through eBay.

• Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

I moved within a an hour and a half of them and reached out to them through an eBay message when I first moved here to see about coming up and doing some in person shopping. They said they were strictly and eBay store, but could do local pickups if I won anything from them through eBay.

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.